Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
St. Augustine Regional "New Rules" #124189 02/15/05 10:32 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Seems like there are new rules for "going for the gold" this year at the St. Augustine Regional. I was talking to Kathy today at Harbour Lights and I asked her when the tickets for the Regional St Augustine Gold Piece were going to be sent to the dealers. She said that the dealers were not going to get the tickets like the last couple of years. In the past for each lighthouse you bought from any HL dealer you received a ticket that could be used at the Regional for a chance to win the Regional Gold Lighthouse. If you bought 3 lighthouses you got three ticket, 5 lighthouse and you got five tickets, etc. You could buy your lighthouses from your own dealer and still have a chance to win at any Regional. At a Regional there were five Gold Regional Pieces to be won. Three pieces were allocated to people present and 2 pieces were allocated to people not present. Also, if you bought an in-store event piece or any other piece from the St Augustine Lighthouse you were also eligible for a chance at the in-store Gold Piece for each piece that you bought from the St Augustine Lighthouse.

That is the way it was. This year there will only be three Gold Regional Pieces and YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. The ONLY WAY to get a ticket is if you buy your lighthouses from ST. AUGUSTINE LIGHTHOUSE ONLY. That means if you buy 2 lighthouses from St. Augustine you will receive 2 tickets to win the Gold. You may not use your purchases from your regular dealer as in the past. They are not sure if there will be an in-store event piece ready by the regional so there may not be a chance to win that gold in-store piece. The above information on winning the Gold Regional Piece came from the St Augustine Lighthouse because Kathy did not know the rules and regulations of this years Regional at St. Augustine.

There also is only going to be one Regional this year and that will be at St. Augustine. Kathy did say that at the end of this year everybody that bought a lighthouse will get a ticket from the dealer they bought the lighthouse from and there will be one big drawing held at Harbour Lights Office for five(I believe) Gold Regional Pieces. We will send our tickets into Harbour Lights for that drawing.

If anybody else has different information then please feel free to add, subtract or amend what I have found out. St Augustine Lighthouse is going to contact Harbour Lights and find out about the in-store event piece and also the in-store Gold piece being available for the Regional. I will let you know about that.

Rich
Re: St. Augustine Regional "New Rules" #124190 02/16/05 12:49 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Rich
I believe that only three St Augustine gold event pieces were given away at the regional last year. The other one was just given out at the St Augustine lighthouse open house in December. If I am not mistaken St Augustine should still have one more to give away unless somebody decided to keep it.
Also you got vouchers at only the dealers that was on a list. My dealer never provided vouchers except for one time and they would only give me one voucher saying that they were short, even though I bought my auto shipment off of them.

It looks like this regional is totally In St Augustine’s Hands.

DANIEL
Re: St. Augustine Regional "New Rules" #124191 02/16/05 01:14 AM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I never really cared for the whole "go for the gold" idea before...I care even LESS about it now...

Re: St. Augustine Regional "New Rules" #124192 02/16/05 08:54 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I never really cared for the whole "go for the gold" idea before...I care even LESS about it now...
The concept of the "gold" giveaway is a good one. It builds excitement and affords a participant the opportunity to win a very rare HL. I would think it's good for business and the feeling that something is given back to the consumer. I would imagine the success of the gold giveaways might be measured in how many vouchers come back to Harbour Lights for the drawings.

What I find disappointing, from Rich's post, is the fact there is only one regional this year. I know there's a reunion this year, but like many folks from the New England, New York, and New Jersey area, we were hoping for something in our neck of the woods.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:

Re: St. Augustine Regional "New Rules" #124193 02/16/05 04:09 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Bob, you got 3 Lighthouse Challenges that Harbour Lights is heavily involved in. Long Island in May, NJ in October and Maryland in September.

Plus all these great Lighthouse Events.

March 19, 2005
St. Augustine Lighthouse Regional Event & Lighthouse Festival
www.staugustinelighthouse.com
NEW St. Augustine Lighthouse Pre Regional Social
March 18th, 7-9pm
$20 per person
Call 904-829-0745 for more details

May 14-15, 2005
US Lighthouse Society Long Island Lighthouse Challenge
http://www.longislandlighthouses.com/challenge.htm

August 29-September1, 2005
Harbour Lights Collectors Reunion
reunion\index.htm

Fall, 2005
Jeffrey’s Hook Annual Lighthouse Event
www.historichousetrust.org/museum.php?msmid=17

Fall, 2005
Avery Point Relighting Celebration
www.averypointlight.com

September 10, 2005
Apostle Islands Celebration
www.lighthousecelebration.com

September 17-18, 2005
Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
www.cheslights.org

October 6-9, 2005
Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival
www.lighthousefestival.org

October 15-16
New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge
www.njlhs.burlco.org

No Gold but lots of Forum Members and Collectors and lots of lighthouses!

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: St. Augustine Regional "New Rules" #124194 02/23/05 08:45 PM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
I'm probably going to be at the St. Augustine event but if the only way I can qualify to enter to win a "Gold" at a "Regional" is to buy a lighthouse from them only it ain't happening. I'll might play that game at a signing but not a "Regional". I'm on autoship and I doubt very seriously that their gift shop has anything I need. If Harbour Lights is doing this to generate more money for the lighthouse how about picking one that needs it more. Nothing personal but I'm tired of seeing these Regionals exclusively at St. Augustine. I didn't go last year and now once again I have a bad attitude and I am thinking less of going.

Re: St. Augustine Regional "New Rules" #124195 02/24/05 10:38 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Less Regionals more Lighthouse Events. I can live with that!!

From my prospective the regionals have been not much more then a glorified store signing. With the exception of the 5 gold regional picecs being passed out rather then the 1 gold store event piece. Don't get me wrong. I love the Regionals!

But the fact is most of the past regionals did not include any Lighthouse visiting unless it happened to be held at a lighthouse such as the St. Augustine Regional. Any lighthouseing done in the area was done on you own or put together by someone other then Harbour Lights. As Dave did with the bus trip down to Cape Canaveral last year from St. Augustine.

Now with more Lighthouse Events being included into Bill, Nancy and Kim's schedule, we will enjoy seeing both Lighthouses and the Youngers at the same time.

IMHO

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,324 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users