Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Making Plans Early #123957 08/29/02 12:46 AM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I am starting to get my plans together to attend the Winter Reginal in South Florida. What's my first step? Do I have to let HL know that I want to come or just show up? And how much does it normaly cost to attend such an event? I have never been to anything like this, so I'm not sure what I need to do to prepair or what to exspect when I get there. Would someone please advise me?

Stephanie

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Making Plans Early #123958 08/29/02 02:03 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Stephanie,

HL does not charge collectors to attend a regional event. For all practical purposes, the regional events are mega signing events. The first 2 this year have also provided opportunities for lighthouse groups to share information about themselves. The groups might be lighthouse societies, collectors clubs, the USCG.

What will be your expenses? Getting there, hotel, meals. For the Florida one you may want to add in ear plugs and Excederin (those rowdy Tampa folks will surely be there in large numbers! tic). To be entered into the drawing for the gold you must have an entry from a participating dealer . Of course, you want to be sure to purchase your special winter Fort Tompkins piece. If your regular dealer is a participating dealer, you should be getting an entry for each LE you purchase.

Don't know if there will be any lighthousing done by folks coming to the regional or not, but this may affect when you want to be there.

Don't think that HL is asking people to call in about the regionals other than to help them get a body count to be sure they have enough snacks. (800) 365-1219.

Dave

btw, shouldn't you have a new avatar?

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,434 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users