Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who is going to the Milwaukee regional? #123948 05/31/00 02:33 PM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The wacko pins are being shipped out to you now. Those going to Rosemont will have them in time to wear. I will be wearing my pin to the Milwaukee HL Regional on Sunday, July 16.

I am interested to know who will be coming to Milwaukee from the wacko group? How many pins will be on display? Will you be there?

Who will be in Milwaukee on Saturday? WIll you be going to see the local lighthouse or Wind Point down in Racine? It would be fun if wackos could get together somewhere for dinner on Saturday evening also. What do you think? I am anxiously waiting for HL to put out the specific details - where (address), time, any pre-registration, etc. Has anyone seen this?

If you are looking for something unique to do that Saturday, there will be dozens of bright, colorful and gilded antique circus wagons on display down at the Milwaukee lakefront, in preparation for the Sunday parade (second largest now in U.S.) which are pulled by over 700 horses and other animals. An annual July event.

Please post --- who will be in Beer City on the 15 and 16th?

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper
Re: Who is going to the Milwaukee regional? #123949 05/31/00 02:41 PM
akmn Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Mindy and I are definately planning on making it. We hope to leave early saturday morning for the 5 hour drive to arrive by noon on Saturday. We've never been to Milwaukee so this will be an experience to say the least. Can't wait to see Hatteras on the Move and fellow wackos! Chime in and tell us if we might see ya there!

Adam and Mindy

Re: Who is going to the Milwaukee regional? #123950 05/31/00 07:35 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Harbour Lights just called me this afternoon with some information about our club visit from Bill this Saturday. While I had them on the phone, I asked the basic questions about the Milwaukee Regional, that I had just posed in my post above. They said all details will be in the next Legacy which should be out soon. However, Maureen gave permission for me to post the following information for those of you who might need some advance information in order to plan your trip.

The Milwaukee regional will be held in New Berlin which is a "suburb" town adjacent to Milwaukee. It is being held on July 16th at the New Berlin Banquet Center. 16000 W. Cleveland Avenue from 1 to 3 PM. I was told that pre-registration was not necessary.

Be sure to confirm this in your Legacy when it arrives.

I will be looking forward to meeting many of you there. Jim Johnston, President of the Harbour Lights Great Lakes club, based out of Milwaukee, has done a fine job of helping to select this site for the regional, and I will be interested to hear about the great preservation activities his club has been involved in.

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper
Re: Who is going to the Milwaukee regional? #123951 06/07/00 01:50 AM
L
OP Offline
L
More and more wackos are asking how they can meet together. Why not start this year by getting together at the HL regionals. This could mean driving a bit further than if it were in your own city or even your own state. But wouldn't the fun be worth it?

The fun would be magnified if some wackos from that HL regional area would be willing to set up maybe a visit to a nearby lighthouse the day before the regional or a dinner that night or even on the evening of the regional.

I would like to suggest that wackos sign up on this thread under the name of the regional(s) that you would attend and provide the following information:

1.Your name and how many would be in your party
2. What city and state would you be coming from to attend a particular regional
3. Are you interested in visiting a lighthouse the day before the regional, if one is available"
4. Would you like to go to dinner the night before the regional?
5. Would you like to go to dinner in the late afternoon or early evening following the regional day itself?

If you are a wacko from that particular region of the event, would you be willing to organize such activities?

Or work with a group to put on these wacko activities?

I sure will look forward to seeing any other wackos in Milwaukee and hope that a get-together might be arranged.

Keep the Flame

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper
Re: Who is going to the Milwaukee regional? #123952 06/07/00 02:09 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Attending the Milwaukee regional:

1. Barbara and Henry Hupp, Ladylightkeeper and foghornkeeper. Party of 2
2. Coming from Derry, NH. (Milwaukee is my hometown)
3. Yes, we would enjoy joining wackos in visiting the lighthouse in Milwaukee and/or Wind Point Lighthouse in Racine.
4. We would very much like to attend a wacko dinner the night before the regional
5. We would also attend a dinner in the late afternoon/evening right after the HL Regional activities wrap up.

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper
Re: Who is going to the Milwaukee regional? #123953 06/08/00 12:46 AM
W
WisKeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
W
I plan on attending the Milwaukee Regional. Milwaukee is a two hour drive from my home.
1. Suzanne and guest (not sure who yet). party of 2.
2. Madison, Wisconsin
3. I would enjoy meeting other WACKOs at a lighthouse tour or other event.
4. I would be interested in a dinner or other event, but would prefer attending the same day as the regional unless there is also a lighthouse tour the day before.
5. Yes, I would be interested in attending a dinner after the regional wraps up.

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,208 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users