Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jansens Clocks HL Event #123205 06/15/09 12:49 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Sue and I just got home from the HL event in St. Charles, MO and I wanted to post one image tonight and I will add more tomorrow. We had fun meeting up with a lot of fellow Hoosier Lighthousing Club members at the event. We got a special surprise when these two friends showed up at the event.

Low and behold Twiggy and Pam walked in unannounced, what a pleasant surprise. We hadn't seen Twiggy since the Door County Regional a few years back and it has been more than a couple of years since Sue and I had seen Pam. Judy (Sunshine) grabbed my camera from me and shot this picture of me with them.

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Jansens Clocks HL Event #123206 06/15/09 02:09 AM
Twiggy Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Yes it was good to see Sue and Paul again..... along with Carolyn and Roy, Judy, Kay and Gary, Kim and his wife (sorry I forget her name) and others. And a big thanks to the Jansen Clocks for hosting this event while we were in the area. What a great store they have there. If your in the area you owe it to yourself to stop in for a visit.

It has been about four years since I have been to an event in the Mid-West. I was in St. Augustine at their Event in 2007 to see Bill Younger. Plus I've seen Bill in California several times.

Pam and I had a great time visiting with all our Club friends today and hope to see you all again, but hopefully not so many years between getting together.
We will be going to Alpena in Oct., so we hope to see a lot more of our Lighthouse Friends there!!!!

Twiggy
Re: Jansens Clocks HL Event #123207 06/15/09 02:47 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

When we arrived in St. Charles to meet Judy for brunch before the event, the first thing I spotted was a photo op for Mombo to enjoy...

My omelet was terrific!

Sue had French toast made from, of course, French bread.. She loved it!

Judy said her eggs and bacon were as good as they looked.

The setting was great, too!

This image of the event piece will have to do until we get my shooting table freed up, it is holding my Anchor Bay display case collection until the computer room walls and ceiling gets painted this Wednesday.

Roy and Carolyn who joined us for brunch after they got by an accident on the Interstate, purchased several HL AP's that Jansen's had for sale for the event! Thanks Tony, the store sold a bunch of the AP's!!

The round table contains the prizes that were given away to some lucky collectors!

Re: Jansens Clocks HL Event #123208 06/15/09 02:49 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

Judy buying an AP and the Duxbury event piece.

Our hostess and store owner Alison helping out a collector..

Judy models the event pin for me to shoot..

This gentleman stopped by the store to sell my a plot of land in historic St. Charles..

It was very interesting how the French plotted the property off in long narrow strips, so that everyone would have some rich river bottom land and some high ground for their house.

Roy and Carolyn enjoying a good laugh with Pam and Twiggy while gary can be seen in the background purchasing a lighthouse.

St. Louis club member Sue with Kay discussing something with Judy.

Twiggy and i enjoying a good laugh also with Pam in the foreground talking to Carolyn..

Re: Jansens Clocks HL Event #123209 06/15/09 02:51 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

Our hostesses for the Jansen's Clock store event, daughter Angela and her mom Alison.

Angela drawing out the winner's entry for the first giveaway. a Christmas HL lighthouse.

No Twiggy doesn't need to go to the restroom, but instead he won an official Harbour Lights Guide with all those wonderful images of Harbour Lights lighthouses in it!

Twiggy drew out the winning ticket for the beautiful clock that Alison and Angela also gave away to the winner, Roy! Roy and Carolyn won a couple lighthouses and the clock, continuing their winning ways and the Brady's did pretty good also as Sue and I won a Christmas HL lighthouse and an AP with just one entry a piece entered.. They will of course be donated to our club's door prize collection to be given away at upcoming Hoosier Lighthousing Club events.

Re: Jansens Clocks HL Event #123210 06/15/09 04:21 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Great to see a good turnout and everyone having fun !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Jansens Clocks HL Event #123211 06/15/09 04:38 PM
ktamlin Offline
Paul

Thanks for sharing. Sure do miss you guys at HLC

John & Karen
Re: Jansens Clocks HL Event #123212 06/19/09 04:31 PM
J
Jansens Clocks Offline
Dealer
Dealer
J
A BIG thank you to all who attended the event. Alison & I truly appreciate your business and it was a fun time. Paul, thanks so much for the pictures ... they are excellent and captured the spirit of the event.

Alison and Angie

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,438 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users