Print Thread
Vouchers? #123124 05/20/03 09:48 PM
B
Bud Schrader Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
B
Last year at Chicago there was a drawing for the gold pieces, and I was told I needed a voucher for the drawing. This year we had planned to be at Grand Rapids, but we had promised a friend that we would take her to Indianapolis to catch a flight to see her son in California, so we wouldn't get to G R in time. How do I get a voucher for the drawing? I'm on autoship and already have the SE Block Is. piece. I just e-mailed my dealer. Any thoughts on this?? Thanks!!

Bud
Re: Vouchers? #123125 05/20/03 09:52 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Assuming your dealer is one of those supporting the Regional (must have been or you wouldn't be able to buy the piece from them), then you should have gotten or be getting a voucher. And you should also receive a voucher for any full size HLs you buy that will gain you entrance into the drawing.

Since you won't be there, just leave the vouchers blank and mail them to me...

No, wait. Fill them in and mail them to Harbour Lights and tell them you want them entered in the Michigan Regional.

Harbour Lights
Regional Drawing - Michigan
1000 N. Johnson Ave
El Cajon CA 92020

Re: Vouchers? #123126 05/20/03 10:27 PM
B
Bud Schrader Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
B
Thanks, John- Is that ANY full- size light? I have bought a BUNCH the last year (all the LE, I think) Does this mean I should have a BUNCH of vouchers? I better find out!! Sorry we can't make it, John frown

Bud
Re: Vouchers? #123127 05/20/03 11:28 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
hehehehehe John, good try!
laugh laugh laugh
Shortcake

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Vouchers? #123128 05/20/03 11:50 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
This voucher business seems to be another fuzzy area. Everything you read says you get a voucher for the purchase of the regional piece and for any full sized pieces you buy (LE's or GLOWS, I believe) but it doesn't specify a time period for obtaining these vouchers. Is it any time from when the dealer gets the vouchers from HL until they're all gone, as long as you're purchasing pieces during that period?

Now let's take a couple of examples.

1. Collector A is on autoship and his dealer is a participating dealer for the Spring Regional. If that dealer doesn't sell lots of HL's and run out of vouchers early in the year Collector A could get a lot of vouchers to submit for regional drawings.

2. Collector D is also on autoship but his dealer is participating in the Fall Regional. Assuming that said dealer does not get his vouchers until some time shortly before the Fall Regional this collector probably won't get the same number of vouchers as Collector A and only has 1 regional he can enter them in.

3. Collectors B & C fall somwhere in between, B having his dealer participate in the Early Summer Regional and C's dealer participates in the Later Summer Regional.

Perhaps the best way to do the voucher thing would be to have each regional's vouchers only eligible for that regional, not the others. If a collector can't attend, then they can mail them in.

Then of course you have those who aren't on autoship or whose dealers don't participate in regionals (i.e S. Dakota, Upstate NY :rolleyes: ). These folks either won't get as many vouchers or have to buy their pieces elsewhere to get vouchers.

Now I'm not saying that folks who buy more shouldn't be rewarded with additional vouchers. It just seems that after 3 years of this voucher business folks should be able to understand the procedure. Do the rules need to be more explicit? Do they need some fine tuning?

But the real question is....when is the Winter Regional, lol?

Re: Vouchers? #123129 05/21/03 12:42 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well I am very confused because I got a postcard from a dealer I use and the card says:

"We cordially invite you to attend our 2003 Harbour Lights Regional Events and have your exclusive lighthouse signed by Bill Younger! Celebrating the 10-year anniversary of the historic move of the lighthouse, Southeast Block Island is a technical marvel that really moves!
Order today from your participating dealer and receive a voucher to enter the big drawing to win the GOLD! (Plated that is.)"

The sentence about 'Order today' had been highlighted in yellow by the dealer and also the regional event date that he was participating.
The wording on this card certainly leads one to believe only the Regional pc qualifies.

I called the dealer to find out if only the Regional pc. qualified for a voucher or if other LE purchases did since I had just been there in March when Nancy was there and purchased several LEs. He told me that only the Regional qualified.

'The truth is out there' what is it?

Thanks

Melody
Re: Vouchers? #123130 05/21/03 03:34 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Any full size piece qualifies. Little Lights don't. Ornaments don't. Up to the dealer to get you the coupons. Shouldn't be a big deal to them, as I believe HL will give them more if they run out (presuming they didn't give out 500 vouchers while only selling 25 lights. . . . .) Also, I believe you can use the voucher to enter at any of the regionals, at least you could last year. If your dealer is a summer event sponsor, cross out the word "summer" plug in "fall", mail to HL and ask that it go into the fall event drawing. Remember, 2 of the 5 winners can be from mail ins.

Dave

Re: Vouchers? #123131 05/21/03 11:08 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint

The note to the Dealer on the voucher: Give consumer one voucher for each full size Harbour Lights piece purchased.

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Vouchers? #123132 05/21/03 07:45 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I spoke to the dealer (Memory Lane in Belle Mead, NJ) who I bought two HL's from at Bill's signing there.

They will be geting their vouchers next week (of course they are linked to the September Regional) and will get them to me as soon as they get them in.

Np question about the one for each full size purchase.

Dennis

Re: Vouchers? #123133 05/22/03 12:56 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks folks for clearing up this fog. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and ask him to read the voucher! laugh

Melody

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,814 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users