cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Father's Day #122348 06/17/07 10:52 PM
GreenBadger Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wanted to say Happy to Father's Day to all father's/grandfather's out there! My wife adn I hope that you and your families have a wonderful day!

Re: Father's Day #122349 06/18/07 12:36 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Well, I had a heck of a Father's Day.

I woke up in Portland, Me (wel south portland to be exact) one of my favorite towns in the world.

I had breakfast paid for by my wife at a great restaurant called Eggspectations.

We spent the next few hours climbing the Portland Observatory and then viewing Spring Ledge LH, Portland Breakwater LH, Portland Head and Ram Island Ledge LH.

I even bought myself a t-shirt at Portland Head.

We left Portland- an hour late but that's OK. just wish we knew we had that extra hour- we would have included the twin lights of Cape Elizabeth as well.

Got back to Trenton and had dinner with my wife, sister and daughter.

Just finished up with ice cream at the Dairy Queen.

Portland was the end of a 9 day trip to ME, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. 45 lighthouses seen with 38 of them ones we had not seen before.

More to follow.

Dennis

Re: Father's Day #122350 06/18/07 01:01 AM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I too want to wish all you fathers a Happy Father's Day. Hope your smile day went well and you spent the time with your loved ones.

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Father's Day #122351 06/18/07 11:03 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I hope all fathers had a great Fathers Day!!!

I had a great one. We visited my 88 years old dad and I had a beer with him. We stopped by my best friends barbeque and BS'd a little. We've been fiends for over 35 years. And then we spent the rest of the day at home on the deck.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Father's Day #122352 06/19/07 11:09 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well, I didn't have the a-typical Fathers Day so to speak, but all in all it wasn't bad. I spent the weekend on a job site in New Jersey just outside of Philly. Finished up on Sunday morrning, tried to get an earlier flight back to Chicago but couldn't, so I went to Camden and toured the battleship New Jersey. Then, to Pat's in South Philly for a Cheesesteak, then a seat in first class(a rarity for me) on the flight home, where I can assure you I took advantage of the "complimentary" beer, wine and liquer (one of each please!) Home in time to open my home made cards from my daughters, and put them to bed. So, kinda made the best of a bad situation.

Oh yea, and got paid double time for the whole weekend as well!

Mike

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DANIEL, Rock, Dave H), 1,665 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users