cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The whole family did well at the County Fair #121836 07/30/04 11:15 PM
Larry Offline OP
OP Offline
As Dave pointed out earlier, it's county fair time again!

Last year, my daughter Kris and I decided to enter a few pieces into the Open Home Arts at the Harford County Farm Fair and did fairly well. This year, we entered more, as did my other daughter and my niece. Well, the results are in:

In the age 15 and under "Knitting, Miscellaneous" category, our 11 year old daughter, Amanda brings home a First Place blue ribbon for her scarf:

In the "Photography, Black & White, Babies" category, our 16 year old niece, Katie takes home a blue ribbon with her picture of "Annabelle". Mind you, this is not an age group category, this is just one giant photography category.

In the Fine Art, age 12-14 division, 14 year old Kris strikes again this year. Last year she earned a second place in pen and ink and a first place and Reserve Champion overall, for a colored pencil drawing. This year, her colored pencil piece pulled down another blue ribbon:

And she entered a "mixed media" piece, this one being a pen and ink and watercolor iguana. "Evana the Iguana" also pulled down a blue ribbon and the 12-14 Champion ribbon this year:

You should see both of these up close. It is amazing how much she has improved in the last year.

Finally, dad didn't do so poorly either. I entered six photographs. Three didn't place in the top four in thier categories, but three others did:

Third place in the "Color, Miscellaneous" category, my lobster float that I took while walkeing out to the Rockland Breakwater lighthouse:

In the "Black & White, Animals" category, I won with my 'Three Little Pigs', that won the same category and a champion ribbon at the Maryland State Fair last year. Oh yeah, this thing was the overall black & white champion this weekend, as well:

You can't see the third pig. the big ribbons are covering him up. laugh

And then there was the "Color, Flowers" category. Another blue ribbon, and oh yeah, another Champion ribbon. Yes, boys and girls, little ol' me was the overall Champeen in both Color and Black & White (it's hard to be humble):

That is a lovely Maine lupine flower at Marshall Point lighthouse.

Re: The whole family did well at the County Fair #121837 07/31/04 12:33 AM
eskilady Offline
Congratulations, Larry!!! The picture of the rooster is fantastic! Kris did a beautiful job with it - it must be nice to be so talented. I was hiding behind the door when they gave out talent. Your pictures are beautiful also. Your whole family did great and you have alot of reasons to be proud!

Eskilady

Eskilady
Re: The whole family did well at the County Fair #121838 07/31/04 05:12 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Congratulations to Larry and family! Quite the accomplishment when you enter the "open" catagories at the fair and do so well. With the girls skills improving each year they should be in for a continued good run!

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,837 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users