Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120578 11/11/05 09:27 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Ken Carver, a friend of mine is going to be on during the Saturday morning version of CBS Early Show - check listings for the time and station.

His 40 year old daughter was lost during an Alaskan Cruise last summer. There was a piece last Monday evening on Anderson Cooper (CNN) and a front page story in the Arizona Republic yesterday morning.

AZ Republic Story

If anyone can tape it and send me the tape, I'll reimburse you your costs.

The local CBS affiliate here in Phoenix does not carry the Saturday version of this show.

Thanks.

Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120579 11/12/05 01:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John, I have my tivo set to catch it. But I looked on CBS's web page for tommorows show and I don't see anything listed that looks like the segment you are looking for, But I'll tivo it anyway and I can then put it on a dvd for you.

here's a link to tommorows show
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/saturday/main3480.shtml

Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120580 11/12/05 02:10 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks, Mark. Found this graphic while looking at their site:

Is that Nauset?

Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120581 11/12/05 02:17 AM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
No...doesn't look Nauset-esque...it almost looks like Dyce Head to me. It's definitely in Maine, though.

Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120582 11/12/05 05:04 AM
beachcomber Offline
John, this is such a sad and tragic nightmare. Unfortunately, more and more of these "incidents" are occurring on cruise ships. It is so difficult to ascertain precisely what happened and the cruise lines are never forthcoming. The Carvers may never know what happened to their daughter. Such situations are even more complex on international cruises where families have to deal with foreign governments, as well. Everyone ends up pointing fingers at each other and no one accepts responsibility for anything. I hope for your friend's sake that there will be a resolution to their nightmare.

beachcomber
Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120583 11/12/05 12:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John, I have it recorded, but I fast forewarded thru it stoping at each segment and I didn't see anything related, maybe it's an upcoming show yet? I haven't put it on a dvd (I still can if you want, but I think it's probably on a different date)

Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120584 11/12/05 02:03 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Not sure yet what happened. Yesterday I got this email from Ken:

Quote:
As a direct result of the CNN show and the AZ Republic article, tomorrow morning Carol and I will be on the CBS morning show. Since it starts at 5:00AM, we may be half asleep so forgive us.

Also, we have agreed with NBC to do one of their major new shows in prime time. Although we have received additional calls for interviews, we have given NBC an exclusive so that will limit further additional interviews. I will advise you when this will take place.

God is truly at work...
From the email it looks like he and Carol, his wife, were going to be interviewed live for the broadcast, probably from the local affiliate's studio.

I'll probably get an update from him.

My guess is the NBC exclusive he is referring to will probably be a Dateline show some time in the future.

Thanks, Mark. Hang on, if you will, until I hear from him. I'll see him in Church tomorrow.

John

Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120585 11/13/05 01:06 AM
beachcomber Offline
John, if you are able to find out, please post the day and program when the Carvers will be interviewed.

beachcomber
Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120586 11/14/05 02:03 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Ken told me this morning that CBS called late on Friday and said the story warranted more time than they could give it on Saturday morning. CBS was thinking of 48 Hours.

However, the Carvers gave an exclusive to NBC after they had already made the arrangements for the Saturday Early Morning Show.

NBC will work it up as a Dateline show. Not sure how long that will take. I imagine it could be several weeks or months into the future.

In the meantime, there have been many, many responses to the story in the Arizona Republic (on Arizona Central, their website). The lead one tells the Carvers to 'grow up'. But most express sympathy and encourage them to continue the fight.

Quite a few of those responding say as a result of the way the Carvers have been treated and the problem handled, they would definitely avoid using Royal Carribean/Celebrity. Click on the link in the first post and scroll to the bottom of the story to see the postings.

I'll post again when I know more about the Dateline program.

Re: Can someone tape the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning? #120587 11/14/05 03:19 AM
beachcomber Offline
Thanks for the update, John. This story has captivated the attention of many people who read the forums. "Insensitive" is too kind a term for those who feel the Carvers should "grow up". The loss of a child is a horrific experience for a parent, particularly under such questionable circumstances. Keep us posted.

beachcomber

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 832 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users