Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120289 09/15/03 01:17 PM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Most of you know that I have been somewhat out-of-pocket sence January, being that I have been working Out-of-State in Georgia. And putting in so many hours that I haven't had the time to play on the computer as I used to. And well it doesn't look like that is going to change much because:

I Guess I did my job too well.

I got my ROF (Reduction Of Force) last Thursday and was really happy about the thought of going home. Planed on sticking around here in GA for the week with my husband and then head out for home, leaving him here, as he won't get laid off until maybe Christmas. He is always one of the first hired and one of the last to go, where as I usually am hired only for the peak in construction.

However Joe came in yesterday evening telling me that I have three weeks to pack up all but the bear necessary for him to get by on here. Go home and get whatever rat killing done there that needs to be done. And report for work in Jacksonville, FL by the first of the month.

It will strange to start a job without him. As I will be working in Jacksonville, FL and he will still be here in Carrollton, GA till the end. We have worked several construction jobs together, but never have I started one before him, with the exception of the job we meet on 12 years ago.

On all my past construction jobs I have ether been an Equipment Operator (truck driver, front-end loader, forklift, lull, or farm tractor) or a Pipefitter Helper (prep pipe, cut, grind and bevel pipe and/or what ever needs done).

This time I was in Material Control / Expediter. Or to be more pacific I was in charge of all nuts, bolts, gaskets, small bore vales and other miscellaneous. I first had to set up bins to stock these idioms, then fill requisition orders from my stock and keep up-to-date inventory records. So basically every nut, bolt, gasket or vale that it takes to build the power plant went through my hands.

I must say that I was very happy to hear all the praise that was given me about the good job that I was doing. It was almost daily that someone would note how neat and organized my work area was and how well I knew my inventory. And I was asked serveral times by supervision if I would be willing to go on to the next job with BE&K. When asked if I would work a job even if Joe were working elsewhere, I said yes!

So here I am heading for Florida! laugh

Stephanie

PS.
To those of you who know my love of Lighthouses, just think of how close I will be to some wonderful lights!!!!!!!

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120290 09/15/03 03:42 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Sounds like things are going well Steph. Thanks for checking in with an update.
Bob

ps Best of luck in the raffle!

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120291 09/15/03 07:09 PM
Shirin Offline
Sounds like a good move if you'll be near those Florida lights! Glad to hear things are going well.

Shirin
Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120292 09/15/03 07:23 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats, Steph!!!!!

Ya done good, girl!

Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120293 09/15/03 09:55 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
You couldn't be heading for a better place to be now that the Winter season is approaching.

Rich
Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120294 09/21/03 12:04 AM
RIP Puls Offline
Wacko
Wacko
WELCOME to PARADISE or so I think.

RIP
Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120295 09/22/03 11:55 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Way to go Stephanie! Good luck on your next assignment! smile

Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120296 09/23/03 06:54 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Stephanie
Good Luck in Jacksonville. I know it is hard for people in construction. You never can call anyplace home. Always following where the work is. What job are you working on in Jacksonville? Maybe it is one that I have worked on.

DANIEL
Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120297 10/06/03 01:47 AM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Thank you all for the good luck wishes!

I'm sorry that it has taken so long for me to reply. I have been without Internet connection sense my original post. Made the trip home to Mobile and well sense no-one has been in my house sense January I saw no need in paying Bell South all that time for a phone line that wasn't being used so I had it disconnected and being that I was only home for two weeks no need in reconnecting.

Things have been delayed just a bit will start the new job in Jacksonville on the 13th.

Daniel
I will be at the Power Plant in Macclenny just west of Jacksonville. This is a BE&K / MEAG project, a combine cycle turbin power unit. Do you know the job? If so maybe you could recommend some housing in the area. I don't yet know what accommodations are available.

smile Stephanie smile

Stephanie

Re: I Guess I Did My Job Too Well #120298 03/13/04 12:31 AM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
It has now been 5 1/2 months and my husband will be getting his ROF (Reduction of Force) next week on Thursday. He will arrive here in Jacksonville sometime midday Friday, just in time for us to leave out heading for St. Augustine! He will hire on at the job here Monday, March 22.

I can't wait for Friday!!!!!!! Not only will I get to meet many of you for the first time, but I will also get to meet my husband again!!!

Stephanie

Stephanie

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 823 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users