Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118846 06/26/00 04:33 AM
MrsTLC Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
This is just to let them know that I truly appreciate all the work and love that has gone into showing us HL collectors a great time at Rosemont. I have belonged to a few collectors societies over the years but I must tell you there are none that are so caring and giving as the Younger Family. What I like the most about them is their willingness to share their personal life with their collectors. Just talking with some of the other collectors I met there, I get the feeling that no one thinks of them as a business but more as a close family friends. The whole staff that worked the booth and the picnic were also a reflection of this family type atmosphere. I know I'm not alone in saying, thanks so much for all the wonderful memories you have given us.
Ruthie Cooper

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 06-26-2000).]

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118847 06/26/00 10:08 AM
N
Nana Offline
N
My sentiments exactly, Ruth. Truly this family is a special group of people. I enjoyed standing in line with non HL collectors who could not get over the generosity in the booth..and just think, they had not a clue about all the other great things this family does for the HL collector.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Younger & Associates...

Derith

Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118848 06/26/00 10:39 AM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I have to add my thanks to the Younger Family, (Bill, Nancy, Esther, Harry, and adopted daughter Maureen) and all the other Harbour Lights staff and Chicago area reps who did so much to show us a fantastic time at Rosemont. To have Nancy and Harry standing in the rain trying to keep us dry was amazing! By the end of the picnic Harry was soaked to the skin.
It was great to see so many old friends again and to meet new ones and thanks to John and Paul who worked so hard and long to get the news out to those not able to attend. This is truly the family of Harbour Lights collectors. And last, but not least, those new releases are all Wows.
Jim
Johnson

Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118849 06/26/00 01:03 PM
J
Jake's Mom Offline
J
My husband and I would like to thank Bill and Nancy and everyone at Harbour Lights for a great weekend. What an honor it was for us, when you took the time to recognize our son Stephen (Jakers) not only in the Lighthouse Legacy with a great article in the teen corner and his picture of Split Rock on the cover, but also at the seminar on Saturday. Between everyone at Harbour Lights and all the HL collectors (even those who were not at Rosemont), you have all turned Stephen's interest into very special memories for us. A very special thank you to John and Paul for all that you do. You are all an outstanding group of people. What better group of people could a parent wish their child to associate with? You have made two parents even prouder, if that were at all possible. To each and every one of you, thank you.

Paul & Cheryl

P.S. We missed you at Rosemont Kim!!

Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118850 06/26/00 01:55 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Those above have already eloquently described my feelings also about Rosemont and what the Youngers do for us.

The new pieces are FANTASTIC. The picnic at Grosse Point was GREAT - even in the drizzle.

HL's Booth won top prize for it's category (Harry's design!).

'The Wall' was a last minute idea and it was a great success with about 500 square feet of signatures, pictures, and messages.

Nancy's Collector Club was second runner-up. (In a class of it's own, but competing against clubs with over 100,000 members.)

Mark Keenan, a six-year employee of Harbour Lights came along to help set-up and tear-down the booth and to hang and take down 'The Wall'. HL is taking all those hand-written images, signatures, and comments back home to El Cajon to share with all the staff.

Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118851 06/27/00 01:47 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
My sincerest thanks go out to Bill, Nancy and the entire Harbour Lights family for making it possible for me to attend Rosemont. Having the opportunity to choose a light for HL to produce was an honor and privilege. The kindness and generosity of this family is overwhelming and ... they give great hugs!

Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118852 06/29/00 12:49 AM
W
WisKeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
W
Yes,I agree! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you for everything you do. Thank you for the wonderful HL experience at Rosemont and at the picnic at Grosse Point. I know I already thanked Nancy at the picnic, but thank you again. I hug you back.

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118853 06/30/00 02:40 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
I have to add my thanks to Bill and Nancy and the entire HL crew for their generosity and wonderful raport with their collectors is second to none. Others simply can not believe the great things the Younger family does for us. We were privileged to be at the Cape Hatteras signing and BBQ and were able to spend both Saturday and Sunday at Rosemont. My daughter Heather has told several people of her being picked on (along with Maureen) in front of the entire seminar crowd on Sunday. Where else but family would a kid brag about getting picked on?

Thanks Bill, Nancy and all the HL staff for everything.

Dave, Susan and Heather

Re: Many Thanks to Bill,Nancy and the HL Family #118854 07/30/00 09:27 PM
RoyMcB Offline
Wacko
Wacko
What more can anyone say about Bill, Nancy and everyone at HL. Roy and I agree 100% with all the comments above. I apologize for the lateness of our post. Both of us are still learning our way around the forums. For Bill, Nancy and everyone at HL, our sincerest thanks for your kindness and generosity. Roy and I truly think of you as family and we wait with eager anticipation of the next time we will see you.

Best to all,
Carolyn and Roy

------------------
Roy & Carolyn

Roy & Carolyn

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,544 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users