Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Special Thanks to St. John #11817 03/18/99 02:08 PM
mombo Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Don't know if it's been expressed before, if not it's long overdue. Would like to take a moment to thank John Chidester for all his efforts in providing us with this forum and for serving as the HL webmaster. He has given us the opportunity to learn about Harbour Lights, share ideas and communicate with fellow collectors. THANKS, JOHN!

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11818 03/18/99 03:30 PM
LamarB Offline
It has been expressed before mombo but it's something that bears saying again.

Thank you St. John for a job a job well done. This wacko and I'm sure many others appreciates your efforts.

------------------
Keepin' the flame

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11819 03/18/99 04:10 PM
S
Steve Offline
S
A sincere thanks to John for helping newbies turn into WITs and perhaps someday full-fledged WACKOS!! Your service is very much appreciated.

While I'm thanking people, I would also like to thank ALL THE WACKOS, especially those that moderate chats and forums. All of you make it much easier and enjoyable to keep the flame. Now only if it weren't coming out my eyes! Ah, well thanks anyway.

And lastly, thanks mombo, good lead post!

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11820 03/18/99 05:24 PM
Art Offline
Those of us who have been around for a few months or more know that JC has put in some very long hours getting this website to where it is today. A webmaster's work is never done though, and it takes a lot to keep everything up to date on a site of this size. Thanks for all the late nights, John. The result is much appreciated.

-Art

-Art
Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11821 03/19/99 02:40 AM
P
Polly Offline
P
It's always nice to get be appreciated and even nicer to be acknowledged for work well done. Therefore, I cast my shining beacon at your feet and with a deep bow say, THANK YOU JOHN!

Without you we might you, might have end up as Wack-NOs! (I shudder at the thought.)

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11822 03/19/99 03:14 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks for the kind words. It's a labor of love. And I get lots of help from several people.

John [wondering if this thread will get up to 50 or not]

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11823 03/19/99 09:31 AM
L
Lighthouse Ghost Offline
L
Saint John,

Don't know if this thread will get 50 but it should!!! I don't believe any of us can fully express our deep appreciation for this website! You do an EXCELLENT job that goes beyond the call of duty! Maybe the next statuette (Similar to that one of Bill from the last reunion) that HL has specially commissioned should be of you!!! Thanks again!!!

Lighthouse Ghost

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11824 03/19/99 10:55 AM
B
Bob St Clair Offline
B
My hat is off to you John. You have helped many collectors and people interested in lights houses.

I keep up with this forum everyday, thanks to all the people involved in this the greatest web site.

Flames alive in Louisiana

Bob
Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11825 03/19/99 11:22 AM
O
orv Offline
O
Adding my thanks for this sight. It has been a great learning aid for me as a junior collector, hobbyist, whatever(don't think I'm going to be able to classified as a wacko,I have no yearning desire to own them all). I do a lot of surfing and this is one of the more excellent forums around. You appreciate it more all the time. I've been coming here a couple of months and just recently noticed how the small pictures change when there is a new post to a topic (I'm a little slow) This is an excellent site on many levels, from the way it's laid out, the technical level of expertise, the quality of information you get and the people that post here. What can you say except "2 Lights Up" THANKS JOHN

------------------
ORV

ORV
Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11826 03/19/99 11:23 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Harbour Lights made a brilliant move when they requested the services of John Chidester as the Webmaster of this fantastic site. I'm sure everyone is aware the number of work hours needed to keep a site up-to-date and running.

This site is what stimulates the interest in collecting HLs and I'm very happy to share it with my friends. A tip of the "Captain's Cap" to JC for all his fine work above and beyond the call of HL duty.

(((((((((( Thanks, John! ))))))))))

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11827 03/19/99 12:36 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hey J.C., What they said!

-Todd

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11828 03/19/99 12:58 PM
jakescol Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Johnny baby; held a meeting of the LE lights of the tall towers. With a quorum in place we voted to double the wage we paid you last year. Now at least you will think you can buy twice as many lights this year.

Jake Toering

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11829 03/19/99 01:17 PM
R
Richard W Offline
R
Well I didn't really want to be the 13th post ! Unlucky for some but lucky for us all, to have your great efforts & deeds.

Thanks John !!!!!

Richard Weaver
One of the Smoky Mtn. Flame Keepers

[This message has been edited by rew99 (edited 03-19-99).]

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11830 03/19/99 02:04 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks, John for being such a great friend!

Paul L Brady

PS John you are already over 50!

WackoPaul

This split personality stuff is tough on a person

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11831 03/19/99 04:57 PM
F
FredKuhl Offline
Saint
Saint
F
Hey Sir St John,
Thought this was about due again. Can never express our appreciation too often for what you have done to help HL collectors (new and old - Wackos and non-wackos, if there are any such critters)
enjoy their collection more thoroughly
learn more about their collections
learn more about the real thing
and have a lot of good clean fun in the process

As Harbour Lights would put it
Keep the flame!
Or keep up the good work, as the case may be

The Ancient Mariner (thanks to you)
I am taking up a collection to buy John a new (size XXL) halo. Anyone interested send cash (no checks, credit cards or money orders accepted)

[This message has been edited by FredKuhl (edited 03-19-99).]

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11832 03/19/99 06:51 PM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
We all know when an interesting topic is of best interest to Kim and the staff, John faxes the thread over to them for all the great feedback it provides.

Knowing John's "Saint" status, and that this thread would never enter his fax machine...

I suggest to all out there to leave a comment here if you have greatly benefited by this site and Johns tiresome work providing it. When the thread hits 50, I will fax it over to Kim myself whether John likes it or not. This *IS* important feedback for HL to remember. We would never want this site to end someday, or St. John leave as our ship Captain.

Another great reason for the passive viewers to register and add in their two cents (that means you Ken! a charter Wacko who has not even registered yet, I'm ashamed. LOL)

-RodW
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 03-19-99).]

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11833 03/19/99 07:49 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Whenever I log on to the internet, the first 2 sites on my agenda is this forum and the HL site (always in that order). That says a lot for the "King" of all webmasters and moderators. No matter how stupid or minor my replies or posts are, John is always there to reply and help in any way he can. John always makes everyone feel welcome!!!

My hat goes off as well to everyone on this forum, I just "DIG" the posts. I wish that I could submit replies to every post but sometimes they are way over my head (unless they are about non-existent seahorses or gravedigging), so I just sit back, read and enjoy. Keep up the good work EVERYONE!!!!!

See ya'll soon, time to grab the shovel.

Digger

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 03-19-99).]

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11834 03/19/99 10:08 PM
mombo Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Digger, when you're down in that grave, even I'm over you head!

(this post doesn't count towards 50!)

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11835 03/19/99 10:49 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I too want to add my thanks to ST. John for this wonderful site and his site before this one. When I started out and didn't know the difference between an LE and a GLOW, John was there with his merry band of wackos at his side to teach me. Harbour Lights continued with the best when they drafted John as their webmaster. Thanks John.
Jim
Johnson

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11836 03/19/99 11:42 PM
RRohweder Offline
OK John - I have to admit that without you and this great site, I'd be wandering about aimlessly in my HL purchasing. You've been great whenever I've asked you questions, and you've put together the only real site worth visiting as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for a wonderful job.

Rich

------------------

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11837 03/20/99 12:21 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Harbour Lights did really make a great choice in asking John to be the patron saint of this site. All the information that flows across the screen is so instrumental in developing new wackos to keep the flame going. Many thanks to John for holding it all together but also to all those who participate and share. THANKS!

Dave

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11838 03/22/99 09:23 PM
Jake Offline
John, you helped me get into HL and LHs in a big way, and helped me make some great friends along the way. THANKS JOHN!

Jakers(Stephen)

Jakers
Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11839 03/23/99 12:05 AM
M
Myron Snyder Offline
M
I also want to say "THANK YOU John." You, along with your friends who have given input along the way, are providing an incredible service to the greater Harbor Lights community. Your long hours and hard work are greatly appreciated. I very feel privelged to be allowed to reap the benefits of your professional exellence.

It also helps to know I am not alone when face with the reality of my insanity for collecting Harbour Lights.

So, for lack of a better term..., THANK YOU!
Myron

Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11840 03/23/99 12:48 AM
S
sidd Offline
S
Kudos!!! to St. John. Newbees are like coming to a hive overflowing with a wealth of honey information. I can not even invision the time that St. John sits at the keyboard. Not only was the site easy to move around in and understand, the wackos and St. John make everyone feel that they are more than welcomed to be here. (Even if some of us have trouble with our signature). And to bring that point more to light--yes I had severe problems with my signature and besides all my new friends answering me on the forum to try to help me out--5 new friends emailed me personally to try to help me. This not only shows the hearts of the people in this group but leadership and a mentor with a true love for the lights has something to do with it also. Again Kudos!

------------------
Sidd

[This message has been edited by sidd (edited 03-22-99).]

Sidd
Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11841 03/23/99 02:32 AM
Art Offline
Quote:
Kudos!!! to St. John

There're some more of those oatmeal breakfast bars, John! Aren't ya full yet?

:-)

-Art

-Art
Re: Special Thanks to St. John #11842 03/23/99 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John, I would like to add my thanks to you for being just a really decent, caring person. I doubt you will ever know how much you have ministered to me in your genuine concern (and wonderful suggestions) for my father and our situation with him, which is well above and beyond all the great HL stuff you provide us with. I think you and our fellow Wackos are a pretty neat folks.

I'd like to say a big

Thank You

and give a

Warm Hug

to you and the other's who have reached out to be of help to us.

Karen (yet another Wacko)

[This message has been edited by Michael and Karen Power (edited 03-23-99).]

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 641 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users