cf-banner.jpg
Topic Options
#116115 - 09/27/01 12:36 AM Prayers for Larry Waterson
Webmaster Offline
Saint

Registered: 12/31/69
Posts: 13047
Loc: Arizona
Second hand information has it that Larry Waterson, husband of Kat is undergoing some treatment for skin cancer.

They WILL be at the reunion, she says. But it wouldn't hurt to keep Larry in your thoughts and prayers in the next few days until the 3rd.

John
_________________________
Webmaster@LighthouseKeepers.com

Top
#116116 - 09/27/01 12:54 AM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
oseabee Offline
Administrator

Registered: 09/26/00
Posts: 936
Loc: Bradenton,Fl.U.S.A.
GOd be with you Larry and I hope you both enjoy the reunion.Bill O'Brien
_________________________
oseabee
Bill O'Brien

Top
#116117 - 09/27/01 06:06 PM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Anonymous
Unregistered


The Watersons are in our prayers.

terry

Top
#116118 - 09/27/01 07:49 PM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko

Registered: 02/09/00
Posts: 2581
Loc: West Coast of Michigan!
Bless all of your family!

Mary and Herm

Top
#116119 - 09/30/01 10:38 PM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
thebigtuna Offline
Wacko

Registered: 03/12/01
Posts: 72
Loc: Sunrise, Fla USA
Wishing Mr. Waterson a very speedy recovery.

Top
#116120 - 10/10/01 12:22 AM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Webmaster Offline
Saint

Registered: 12/31/69
Posts: 13047
Loc: Arizona
Saw Larry & Kat at the reunion several times and Larry reports that Doctors got it all - a facial spot. Not the more dangerous melanoma. He is feeling confident.

John
_________________________
Webmaster@LighthouseKeepers.com

Top
#116121 - 10/10/01 12:21 PM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Torchbearer Offline
Member

Registered: 04/14/00
Posts: 1814
Loc: North Carolina
That's great news John, thanks for sharing. Larry...Jackie and I are praying that the cancer has been completely removed.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Top
#116122 - 10/10/01 12:26 PM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
mombo Offline
Saint

Registered: 12/31/69
Posts: 7087
Loc: Phoenix, NY
Nice to see Larry and Kat again! And both of them were looking great!

Top
#116123 - 10/12/01 04:51 PM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Digger Offline
Super Wacko

Registered: 12/31/69
Posts: 1468
Loc: Bremen, Indiana
GREAT NEWS John. It was so nice to meet the Waterson's at the reunion. What a great couple and fellow Hoosier's yet to boot.

Top
#116124 - 10/12/01 06:12 PM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Bob M Offline
Saint

Registered: 12/31/69
Posts: 12331
Loc: North Attleboro, Mass.
Anytime anyone beats anything to do with cancer, it's a great day. I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma in the beginning of May of this year. After six surgeries, removal of sentinnel lymph nodes and a few tubes, I'm now cancer free. Of course, I will be going to the doctor every three months for a very long time but that I can handle. I've been assured that I'm cancer free right now.

Cancer plays tricks with your mind. Keeping a positive attitude help defeats the nasty disease. The biggest thing is EARLY DETECTION. Everyone should make an appointment with a Skin Surgeon and have him or her check your whole body for problem areas. My Surgeon told me if I waited another year I might be dead now. My melanoma was already in the intermediate stage. When you reach that point they tell you if it's in your blood stream (5% chance) you're dead. If it travelled to your organs (10% chance) you have some serious health issues. And, of course, there is an 85% chance it didn't travel and you'll be fine.

Tell me that would weigh heavy on your mind.

Use sunscreen, wear wide brim hats, and try to avoid direct exposure to the sun whenever you can.

So I'm done preaching...get your butts to the doctor and be screened for skin cancer.

Sincerely,

Bob M.

Top
#116125 - 10/17/01 10:41 AM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Bob M Offline
Saint

Registered: 12/31/69
Posts: 12331
Loc: North Attleboro, Mass.
All of a sudden this particular topic is dead in the water. I hope I didn't disturb you all with my blunt post.

Larry is in my thoughts andd prayers as well as many others I know who have had the misfortune of being affected by this malady.

Bob

Top
#116126 - 10/19/01 02:09 AM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Lamplighter Offline
Member

Registered: 03/15/99
Posts: 56
Loc: Covina, CA,,
We had the pleasure of meeting Kat and Larry
at the reunion. we bumped into them several
around the hotel and HL activities. We took
at least one bus trip with them and had a
great last breakfast with them on the last day of the reunion. Cancer was never mentioned and we could detect no problems
with either of them. They are brave people and fun to be with. Is Larry always this
quiet?

We pray that this is a one-time event and that it will not return. We hope to see them
both again in the future for another dose of
fun. Thanks for the memories.

Keepin' the Flame, Rich & Marilyn Kirkpatrick

Top
#116127 - 10/24/01 12:28 AM Re: Prayers for Larry Waterson
Kat Offline
Wacko

Registered: 12/31/69
Posts: 492
Loc: Auburn, IN, USA
Thanks for the Prayer and Concerns,

You are a great bunch of people. Kat and I had a great time at the Reunion. We enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new one's, like Rich and Marilyn.

I had a small Basil Cell Carcinoma removed from my right temple. My Doctor told me if I'm going to get Cancer this is the type to get. It can do some damage, but does not metastisize. He told me that I need to keep out of the sun and watch other suspicious spots.

I guess this is from growing up on the farm and playing outside all the time as a young boy, along with my fair skin complexion. I know it wasn't from the years I was on a Submarine, no sun there, they wouldn't let us open the windows

Thanks again to all my fellow Lighthouse extended family.

Larry Waterson
_________________________
KAT {=*+*=}

Top

Forum Stats
2,526 Registered Members
39 Forums
16,848 Topics
184,136 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,257 @ 10/11/17 06:52 AM
Who's Online
3 registered (Dave H, flacoastie, DANIEL), 773 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SDJ, Capt Montana, Sherry4, Steeler70, Paul A
2526 Registered Users