Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Collector's Value Guide Finally Ready! #11468 07/24/98 04:15 PM
J
Jeff Hix Offline OP
OP Offline
J
After waiting for almost a year, Collectors' Publishing has finally released their Harbour Lights Collector's Value Guide. I ordered it on their web site last week and it arrived via UPS a few minutes ago.

My first impression is that it is a nicely done book. It starts out with a history of Harbour Lights, has a section on the 1998 lighthouses, has the value guide (with inflated prices IMHO), a lighthouse travel guide, a secondary market guide, a map showing the location of all HL lighthouses, and a few other short sections.

My second impression is that the book was not done by someone who is REALLY into Harbour Lights. There are many things that I think are missing, including a number of major variations, and any mention of lightning rods and how they can add to the value of a piece.

I should mention that I am in the process of writing what I call a Collector's Guide and so I am not exactly an impartial observer. If I ever get time to finish it, my book will be something you can use to enhance the enjoyment of your collection. Kind of like Jim Rutherford's book. Only with pictures.

But having said all of this, I strongly encourage everyone to buy a copy of this book. It's $13.95 if you can find it in a store. If you order it from their web site (www.collectorspub.com), it comes to $16.90 with shipping.

Re: Collector's Value Guide Finally Ready! #11469 07/25/98 12:26 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
Quote:
I should mention that I am in the process of writing what I call a Collector's Guide ...

Good for you! My suggestion: publish it on CD-ROM in HTML format.

Rgds,
__
/im [HTML - the Esperanto of Lighthouse Nation]

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,248 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users