Next Thread
Print Thread
Good bye Mischka #113884 12/02/07 12:31 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Our little Mischka is gone ...

Yesterday it got all too much and she parted from us for ever.

She had diabetes and then pancreatitis and then something else (we don't know what) hit her hard. Too hard ...

We will miss her a lot, but we remember a beautiful little dog who was everyone's friend!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Good bye Mischka #113885 12/02/07 01:17 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
So sorry for your loss. Mischka was a part of your life for many years. She will be a part of your memories forever.

Blessings,

John

Re: Good bye Mischka #113886 12/02/07 02:06 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I know just how you feel... I lost my 4 legged Daughter "Foxie" last year. She had been by my side for 18 years. And even now she is still in my thoughts every day.

May God bless you and ease your pain!

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Good bye Mischka #113887 12/02/07 02:27 PM
sandy Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Margret & Stan,

We received this in a card our vet sent us when we lost "Bandit", a yellow lab/shepherd mix we had for 14 years. I pass it along to you and hope you find solace in its words:

". . .Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you. . .
I loved you so--
'twas Heaven here with you.

Sandy & Stan

Re: Good bye Mischka #113888 12/02/07 04:11 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Thank you all...

We both still leave the last bite of our toast for her, try not to step on her when we go past her favorite snoozing place, think we ought to open the door for her to go down the garden ....

And from past experience we know that will happen for a long time to come. We'll miss the little cutie!

But she is at peace and no more pain...

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Good bye Mischka #113889 12/02/07 07:35 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Our deepest condolences, Margret and Stan. If only our furry "kids" could live as long as we do.

We have always treasured our pets. We lost our Lhasa Apso at 14, and our Jack Russell at 12. Now we are blessed with our two Coton de Tulears. They bring so much love and joy into our lives. They keep us smiling and laughing even during sad times. Unconditional love with no questions ask. Who could ask for more?

Rest in Peace, Mischka...

frown Lorna & Bob frown

Re: Good bye Mischka #113890 12/02/07 09:06 PM
beachcomber Offline
Margret, I know what you and Stan are going through only too well. I lost my beloved Mila this past summer. She'd been with me since she was about 5 weeks old. I know our friend sent you The Rainbow Bridge which we put together with one of Mila's last pictures in July. It's wonderful to remember them in the good times, when the pain didn't keep them from doing the things which brought us such joy. Mischka will always be with you; think of the good times when you look at the beautiful pictures you took of her.

beachcomber
Re: Good bye Mischka #113891 12/03/07 01:02 AM
Roland Babineau Offline
My heart goes out to you both. It's like losing one of your own children. I've had dogs nearly all my life and there are times I thought they understood me better than my own kids, especially during the teenage years! Every time I lost one of my best friends, I swore that there would never be another. Inevitably, there would appear another puppy sometimes miraculously at the door, needing a new home. My Whippet, (my son, in his ultimate imagination, named her after one of her breeds, the other being Minature Pinscher), is the best dog I've ever had. I dread thinking about the time when she will leave us. She and my almost 2 year old granddaughter are best buddies, and I know she will be just as heartbroken as I. Whippet is almost 9 now, so hopefully we won't have to deal with that for awhile.
Thanks for the photo, as it really touches home.

Roland Babineau, Editor
Lighthouse Encyclopedia
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/lighthouse_encyclopedia
Re: Good bye Mischka #113892 12/03/07 11:35 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Margret & Stan, Very sorry to hear about the passing of Mischka. I know you loved her very much. I guess your dad needed some more company up in Heaven.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Good bye Mischka #113893 12/03/07 04:38 PM
BeaconBob Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
So sorry to hear about your loss of Mischka. Noone knows how it feels until it happens to them. I've been there and know how you must be feeling. Time heals! My prayers go out to both of you, Stan and Margret!
Never forget the good times spent with Mischka!
We had a yellow lab for 13+ years and had to have her put down...tough to do and to make that kind of decision. I don't regret it but will never forget it either!

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: Good bye Mischka #113894 12/03/07 05:57 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Quote:
I guess your dad needed some more company up in Heaven.
Funny Stan, that is a connection I had not made yet. But you are so right, I guess my father needed her more than we did!

Thank you all for your good wishes! We had to make a hard decision on Saturday, but we know it was the right one.

And OF COURSE we will never forget Mischka!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,328 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users