Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fund to honor Fred & Lou Kuhlman #113100 08/01/07 08:33 PM
Dave H Online OP
Saint
OP Online
Saint
A couple of weeks ago I had the sad task of sharing with everyone news of the death of the Ancient Mariner . Fred Kuhlman was a long time collector of Harbour Lights, an incredibly generous person and all around great guy. Over the years, many of us had the good fortune to get to know Fred and his wife Lou.

Fred's family chose to receive memorial donations instead of flowers, something that would please Fred and his giving spirit. One of the two choices presented to people was the Point San Luis Lighthouse . This choice reflected Fred's love of lighthouses and the fact that the two California clubs both supported the Point San Luis Light.

Several years ago we lost a member of the CF and chose to honor his memory in a similar way. Donations to the fund to honor Bill O\'Brien amounted to a little over $500. I would like to see us collect at least that amount to contribute to Point San Luis to honor Fred and his wife Lou.

I have received some donations (thanks) and hope to see more come in. Depending on how much we are able to raise, there may be some options at the light to create a permanent recognition of Fred and Lou. To help spur donations I will contribute an Artist Proof of HL722, Hospital Point to be given to one of the contributors. There may be other things added as we move forward. At this point, my thought is to leave the fund open for donations thru the month of August. Since we are trying to raise funds for a memorial, I would prefer to receive checks (send to PO Box 5, Kokomo IN 46903-0005 and be sure to note "Fred fund" on them, please). However, for those who want to use a credit card or their PayPal account, if you will send me an email with how much you would like to contribute I will send you a PayPal "bill". I will add $1 to each PayPal transaction to offset the discount fees charged.

I know that it seems as if we have our hand out all the time. After all, we just completed our opportunity drawing project for an ELL. This is one project I wish we did not have to consider since it is because of the loss of a wonderful friend to many of us. Thanks for anything you choose to do to help us honor the memory of Fred and Lou Kuhlman.

Re: Fund to honor Fred & Lou Kuhlman #113101 08/01/07 09:31 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
This is great...I can't think of a better way to honor such an "honorable and giving man"...Fred would be extremely pleased with us doing this in his name. You can count on me and Terry for a donation.
waytogo

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Fund to honor Fred & Lou Kuhlman #113102 08/02/07 02:13 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Dave my check is on the way.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Fund to honor Fred & Lou Kuhlman #113103 08/02/07 02:44 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I only met Fred once, (at the Mackinac reunion) and only got to speak with him briefly. But from what I have read here and my own impressions about him, he was the "geniune article".

Any Memorial for he and his wife is something worthwhile for donation in my mind. Dave, I'll be sending you a check.

Melody
Re: Fund to honor Fred & Lou Kuhlman #113104 08/11/07 10:53 AM
Dave H Online OP
Saint
OP Online
Saint
Thanks to those who have contributed to the "Fred Fund" so far. Your participation is appreciated and will help to honor the memory of this wonderful Harbour Lights collector and long time CF member.

Re: Fund to honor Fred & Lou Kuhlman #113105 08/15/07 12:47 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Dave,
I will get a check in the mail today or tomorrow.

Randy

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Fund to honor Fred & Lou Kuhlman #113106 08/28/07 12:48 PM
Dave H Online OP
Saint
OP Online
Saint
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the "Fred Fund". While there is a nice amount donated to date, I really do believe we can do better as a group. Don't forget, that one of the donors will take home an AP of Hospital Point. If you are sending a check, please also send me a note so I know it is on the way and I include you in the drawing.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,191 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users