Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A Special Thx To Mike & Patty #111569 07/04/00 05:31 AM
MrsTLC Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Just wanted to let all of you know, which I'm sure you already do, the HL WACKO's that post here are the best in the world. While in Rosemont, I with many of the other WACKO's attended Bill's seminars both Sat. & Sun. They are not formal seminars but that's what makes them so special. After listening to all the great stories from Bill & Nancy and before Bill concludes the seminar he always gives away numerous HL's gifts including some great lighthouses. It is really fun to watch the ones that are lucky enough to win these gifts but we all secretly wish it could be us. Well I did not win a gift but I thouroughly enjoyed all the time I spent with these wonderful friends I had just met. Besides everyone one who attended the picnic received a special glow of Grosse Point signed by Bill. After saying my goodbyes to my new found friends I made one last trip to the HL's booth. As I was getting ready to leave for the airport one of my new friends, Patty Kaiser, came up to me and said she wanted to give the one of the lighthouses that she and Mike had won. I could not believe what she was saying. She said that her and Mike felt a bit guilty winning two and said they would feel better giving me one of the lighthouses they had won. Well of course I couldn't say "no thank you." So I did what all of you would probably do if it were you, I gave Patty a hug and told her how very much I appreciated the gift. This shows the type of people that Patty & Mike are but it also reflects on the type of people HL's attract. I have observed from being around this group and from reading these posts that the people here are one of the most caring, loving and giving people I have ever met. I am very pleased to be associated with this group of WACKO's.
Ruthie
PS It was Mukilteo, Washington light!

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: A Special Thx To Mike & Patty #111570 07/06/00 03:31 PM
RFoster Offline
Ruthie,

Patty and Mike are to be commended for such a generous act. I think you have hit the nail on the head when you say Harbour Lights attracts a special kind of people. It all starts with the way the Youngers have chosen to run their business, like a family. It is punctuated through people like John Chidester, who does such a wonderful job providing the tool for all of us to communicate through and ends with collectors like you who take the time to share the love of fellow collectors like Patty & Mike. Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful story with us.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: A Special Thx To Mike & Patty #111571 07/06/00 11:30 PM
W
WisKeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
W
That is a wonderful story and very sweet of Patty and Mike. HL people just keep getting better and better!

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,207 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users