Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Many Thanks to all the Veterans !!! #110386 11/11/08 12:14 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Many thanks to the CF members who have served our country. I know they are a humble group who would not ask for thanks, but deserve it!

I'm not a Veteran, but I'd like to thank those who are. Because of those who served past and present, I didn't have to. THANK YOU !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Many Thanks to all the Veterans !!! #110387 11/11/08 02:03 PM
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
YES!! Thank you to all of the veterans who fought and died for all of our lives!!

My father, 89 years young is a WWII veteran, and I have heard some of the most heartwarming stories of his years in combat. Take time to listen to our veterans, they love to have an audience when they remember "the days"!

We are treating Dad to dinner today! smile

Re: Many Thanks to all the Veterans !!! #110388 11/11/08 10:54 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm wearing my VFW poppy today! Do you remember those? The guys from the local VFW were selling them outside a King Soopers grocery over the weekend, and a work friend of mine purchased one for me.

I totally agree with the statement
"Home of the Free, because of the Brave!"

Melody
Re: Many Thanks to all the Veterans !!! #110389 11/15/08 07:01 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I know I am late with this ...
But I too had my poppy to say Thank You !!!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Many Thanks to all the Veterans !!! #110390 11/15/08 10:37 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Greatest quote ever, and one I believe means just as much today as it ever has....
"Freedom isn't free"
I humbly say "thank you" not only to all of our active and retired service men and woman, but also to every military family. Very often the family sacrifices as much, and in some cases more, than the active member. My heart and appreciation especially goes out to those families whose loved ones have perished in the line of duty. Nothing any of us can do or say can replace your loved one, but I'd still be honored to say we appreciate the efforts of your loved one in helping to keep the rest of us safe, and we mourn with you. Though divided as we sometimes appear, (as this last election witnessed), we still stand united as one, free from the tyrannies and atrocities which are the norm in other parts of the world. We salute you!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Many Thanks to all the Veterans !!! #110391 11/16/08 01:13 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
I attended the annual Veteran's Day assembly at Heather's school. Each of the classes from K thru 5th had a part in the program. The K kids did some songs and Heather's class set a White Table while she described what the meaning of each item was. The kids did a very nice job, especially when you remember that they are all of 5 years old. (candle on the table got a little bent in practice ...)

This is the fifth grade . .

Re: Many Thanks to all the Veterans !!! #110392 11/16/08 06:54 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I love that concept of the white table - had never heard of it. Thanks for teaching me something new Dave!

And thanks to all who sacrificed ANYTHING ... !!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,328 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users