Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106330 02/18/02 12:27 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
If you are involved in Bob M's Postcard Exchange #8 contest, you've come to the right place. I moved the contest up here because using the former thread was going off topic. All further info regarding the contest and replies from the contestants will be in this thread.

Thanks!

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106331 02/18/02 12:30 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
(originally posted in the Lighthouse Postcard Exchange #8 thread)

Sorry I'm a little late in posting the particulars about my impromptu contest for those folks who signed up for postcard exchange #8. I'm still working on what each participant must do to win. I will probably put you through a couple of steps to qualify which will probably eliminate a good percentage of the people. Then I will finally use a state lottery to choose the the final winner(s). That way there no one will have any control over who the winner might be. It will be the luck of the lottery.
Prizes:

The first prize winner will have the choice of either a "Bob Younger Memorial Tree" issued by HL in 1999, or a 2002 Harbour Lights Calendar (still sealed,never opened). Remember you can only choose one of these items as your prize.

The second prize winner will receive their choice of a package containing ten different lighthouse postcards, or twenty 4"x6" photos of twenty different lighthouses from the New England area (all photos taken by me over the past several years).

Remember, you must follow my instructions to participate. You will need to visit this thread to find out what to do to stay in the running. You will need to visit the Harbour Lights website for a clue. You will need to email me at biri97@aol.com to let me know you found the clue and to get your number into the contest (number on the lower left corner of the envelope I sent you). Do not post the clue at the CF. Everyone must work to find it, then email me with the clue and your entry number. I will send you a reply and post the numbers of those who are in the contest. You will have one week to complete your tasks before I let you know which state lottery will determine the winner(s).

Good luck, and watch this thread for further instructions.

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106332 02/18/02 12:32 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
(originally posted in the Lighthouse Postcard Exchange #8 thread)

Okay...the first required clue is in place.
A visit to www.harbourlights.com is required of you,
To find a five digit number that was left as a clue.
It won't be difficult to find this clue of this game,
My hint would be to look for a name.

Once you find the number, email me same,
So you can continue to be in the game.

Good luck!

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106333 02/18/02 01:00 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I've already received three replies. #3,#15 and #14 have found the first clue. Who will be next?

Bob

Thanks to Tom & Joyce for pointing out I listed their #16 in error. Tom & Joyce, and Judy are still trying to find the correct number!

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 02-18-2002).]

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106334 02/18/02 07:11 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The Anchor Bay PC#8 Contest is heating up. It looks like it may be more fun than I thought.

I've decided to add an addtional prize to the list.

3rd place gets a rare and very hard-to-find Massachusetts State Police Flag Pin. These are the same pins being worn by my Troopers and many of the World Champion New England Patriots.

Keep searching for the clue(s)!

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106335 02/19/02 09:21 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The following is the complete list of entry numbers that have successfully found the first clue of the AB PC#8 Postcard Exchange Contest: #1, #3, #8, #13, #14, #15, and #16.

Time to head to work...

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106336 02/19/02 12:41 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Contestants, are you ready for your next challenge? In order to be eligible to win a prize, you have to complete certain tasks. All the answers you need can be found by searching the Harbour Lights website. Here's your next hint:

A four-digit number is what you seek,
so go to www.harbourlights.com and take a peek.
If you look in the proper place,
you'll find this answer in its proper space,
because what you seek is really the year,
the announcement was made AB's will appear.

Okay, there's your hint. Email your answer to me at biri97@aol.com and you'll still be in the running for the prizes.

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106337 02/19/02 07:35 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Hi Everybody! ... I just finished my email and here is the list of numbers and clues found so far:

#1 Clue 1 & 2
#2 Clues 1 & 2
#3 Clue 1
#8 Clues 1 & 2
#13 Clue 1 & 2
#14 Clue 1 & 2
#15 Clue 1 & 2
#16 Clues 1 & 2
#23 Clue 1 & 2

So far, eight people have found clue 1 and clue 2. One additional person has found clue 1 but not clue two. Sixteen of the eligible people from PC Exchange #8 have not responded at all. That certainly gives those who have responded a better chance to win a prize. To be eligible for the prizes, you must respond by email to biri97@aol.com with the correct answers. I will be asking for you to find some more answers on the Harbour Lights website so make sure you check this thread each day. Sunday will be the final day to submit your answers. They must be emailed to me before the end of the day (1159 hours) on 2/24/02.

Another challenge will be posted shortly! Watch this thread tomorrow night for the AB PC #8 multiple choice quiz.

Bob

(Please note that I doctored this reply up tonight at 2250 hours to indicate the current results as of this time.)

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 02-19-2002).]

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106338 02/20/02 09:08 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Another person has joined the challenge! #6 has submitted the correct clue number one!

Look for the multiple choice quiz to be posted tonight! You must achieve a passing grade to stay in the running for the prizes!

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106339 02/21/02 12:19 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Okay, kids, here's the final challenge you have to complete to be a finalist for the prizes. This will be the last thing you'll have to complete. This will insure your number being in the drawing for the prizes.

Anyone who has yet to participate from the mailing list of PC #8 can still play by finding the first two "clues" from the Harbour Lights website and completing the challenge I'm about to post in this reply. You will have until Sunday night at 2359 hours to submit the correct two clues and your answers to what I will post below.

Here it is! The final challenge is in the form of a multiple choice quiz. You must achieve a passing grade of 70% or better to stay in the running. You will need to email your answers to me at biri97@aol.com before Sunday night at 2359 hours.

Here are the questions:

1. How many Anchor Bay Boats have a red hull?
A. One
B. Two
C. Three
D. Four

2. How many Anchor Bay Boats have a sail on the sculpture?
A. One
B. Two
C. Three
D. None of the above

3. Which of the following Anchor Bay Lightships come in two different editions? (Two correct answers on this one, pick both for full credit)
A. Chesapeake
B. Portsmouth
C. Columbia
D. Huron

4. Which Anchor Bay Boat is sculpted as being aground?
A. Portsmouth
B. Columbia
C. Huron
D. S.S. Minnow

5. Which is the correct phrase listed on the Anchor Bay Logo?
A. Anchor Bay Great Ships
B. Anchor Bay Great Ships of Today
C. Anchor Bay Great Ships of the World
D. Anchor Bay, Buy me or I'll kill you

6. How many Anchor Bay Boats appear in the 2002 Harbour Lights Preview at the HL website?
A. One
B. Two
C. Too many to count
D. None of the above

7. What stuffed animal appears for sale at the Keeper's Exchange at the HL website?
A. Georgie Porgie Reunion Pig
B. Billy Bob Reunion Bear
C. Suzie Snowflake Reunion Princess
D. Wicked Wendy the inflatable doll

8. What Anchor Bay Boat model is the only one that appears on the link to "Lightships" at the HL website?
A. Nantucket Lightship
B. Lightship Columbia
C. Lightship Portsmouth
D. Lightship It's Only Money

9. How many times does Bill Younger's picture appear in the "Me 'n' Bill" link at the HL website?
A. 21
B. 31
C. 23
D. Too many times

10. Who was Bob Younger?
A. An escaped lunatic who posed as Bill Younger at rock concerts.
B. John Chidester's alias when on the road.
C. The person who actually takes all those pictures at the HL website.
D. None of the above

Please submit your answers to my email address of biri97@aol.com before midnight, Sunday night.

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106340 02/21/02 09:20 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Good Morning! I got up a little early so I could correct papers before I leave for work.

So far, five people have submitted answer sheets and all five have passed! Those five include: #1, #6, #13, #14, and #15. Congratulations to all five! You can sit back and relax. Your challenges are over. I will wait for the others to submit their quiz answers and then I will give you the official version on how the prize winning numbers will be picked. I will tell you that the winning numbers will be picked by a state lottery. Stay tuned for further details!

Anyone from PC#8 who has yet to join in can do so anytime before midnight, Sunday night. So far we have ten people participating.

Time for work, ...catch ya later!

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106341 02/22/02 10:23 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The following contestants in the AB PC#8 contest have completed all three challenges:

#1, #2, #3, #6, #8, #13, #14, #15, & #19.

The following contestants have completed two challenges as of the typing of this post:

#16 & #23 (Edit: #16 & #23 have now passed all 3 challenges!)

All the other eligible candidates have not participated, as of yet, and have until 2359 hours, Sunday, 2/24/02, to submit the required information to be eligible for the prizes.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 02-22-2002).]

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106342 02/23/02 12:00 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
You folks have seen a lot of numbers in this thread. If you're curious, here are the names of those who have successfully completed the three challenges necessary to be eligible for the prizes:

Suzanne Murphy
Bob Scroope
Laurie Morone
Terry Demeter
Dale Lawrence
Tom & Joyce Abbott
Dennis Whelan
Jim Johnson
Linda Manning
Patty & Mike Kaiser
Judy Rath

Just over two days to go if anyone else from PC #8 cares to join in!

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 02-22-2002).]

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106343 02/23/02 09:21 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Another contestant has successfully completed all three challenges in the AB PC#8 Contest. #12, Joanie Ouellett has joined the elite group that are eligible for the prizes!

If you are in PC Exchange #8 and haven't jumped on the bandwagon, you only have until tomorrow night, Sunday at midnight, to get your answers in to me.

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106344 02/24/02 09:26 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The AB PC#8 Contest is almost over. Twelve contestants have successfully completed the requirements and will be eligible for the prize drawings.

Anyone who hasn't joined in the group from PC#8 has until midnight tonight to submit their answers to the three challenges posted above in this thread.

The Massachusetts State Lottery has agreed to pick the winners for the prizes. This is how it will work:

Monday it will be Mass Millions. There are 6 numbers plus a bonus number drawn. If your number appears as one of those, you win! We will read the numbers from left to right. The first number appearing will win the first prize. The second number will win the second prize, and the third number the third prize.

If the three prizes are not given away on Monday, then it will be on to Mass Cash on Tuesday with the same guidelines.

If we still haven't given away all three prizes it will be Megabucks on Wednesday. Hopefully all three prizes will be won by then or we will continue until they are.
The link for the Mass Lottery is www.masslottery.com . They also have a game called the Big Game but we will not be using any numbers from the Big Game.

Winners will be announced as soon as the lottery picks their number.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 02-24-2002).]

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106345 02/25/02 09:10 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Good morning everyone! Here is the list of the finalists for the prizes to be awarded in the AB PC#8 Contestant:

#1, #2, #3, #6, #8, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #19, & #23

I will announce the winner(s) tomorrow morning when I check the numbers picked by the Mass. State Lottery tonight in their Mass Millions game.

If you would like to view the numbers personally go to www.masslottery.com .

Good luck to all!

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106346 02/25/02 11:59 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bob,

You should go into direct mail marketing.

They'd love you- you got about a 50% response rate. Some companies are ecstatic if they get 5%.

Of course you had a scewed sample. All WACKOS, all the time.

Dennis

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106347 02/25/02 04:32 PM
Sunshine Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Hey Bob,

Do we get bonus points if we tell you the names of the extras lighs you sent.?

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106348 02/25/02 07:44 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Yeah, I figured they were part of the contest myself. Maybe for a later one.

Dennis

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106349 02/26/02 09:03 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Drum roll please! The winning Mass State Lottery numbers for Monday night's drawing were 14, 20, 21, 29, 47, 49, and bonus number 3.

Reading the numbers from left to right as they appear on the lottery's post, #14 Jim Johnson from Auburn, New York is our first prize winner in the AB PC#8 contest.

Laurie Morone of Crofton, Maryland is our second prize winner with #3 which appeared as the final number drawn by the Lottery as the bonus number in Mass Millions.

Congratulations to our two winners! We still have one prize unclaimed and maybe that will happen tonight when the Mass. State Lottery picks the numbers for their Mass Cash game.

Good luck to those still in the running for the final prize, a Mass State Police Flag Pin. Your odds of winning are 1 out of ten now that two prizes have been won.

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106350 02/26/02 04:16 PM
Linda Ann Offline
Congrads to the winners! And thanks to Bob for running this contest!

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106351 02/26/02 09:53 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Thanks Bob. I knew that I had to be lucky at one of these contests. (Not quite as lucky as your lovely wife however)
Since I am already the proud owner of both the first class prizes, please donate them back into the contest so that someone else may win. Thanks again for all your work.
Jim

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106352 02/27/02 12:46 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats, JJ! Glad to see you break into the winning bracket. Maybe both of us will win something the next time we meet up??

Dave

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106353 02/27/02 09:16 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Drum Roll please! The winning numbers in the Mass. State Lottery's Mass Cash Game last night were as follows:

9, 16, 20, 24, & 27

Jim Johnson, our first prize winner, has donated his right to claim the first prize back to the contest. Because of JJ's generosity, Laurie Morone now wins the first prize of her choice of a "Bob Younger Memorial Tree" or a 2002 Harbour Lights Calendar. (Let me know which one you want, Laurie!)

I would like to offer JJ his choice of the second prize or the third prize for his efforts in winning the contest. Let me know which one you want, JJ. I have plenty of postcards, photos, and MSP Flag Pins. (JJ, your choice of the 20 photos, 10 postcards, or one MSP Flag Pin!)

Our final prize winner of the AB PC#8 Contest are the holders of #16, Tom & Joyce Abbott of Desoto, Texas. Because JJ donated his first prize back into the contest, Tom & Joyce will now be our second prize winner. (Tom & Joyce, you have your choice of the 20 photos or 10 postcards!)

The three prize winners should contact me with their choice of prizes by posting your choice right here in the Anchor Bay thread.

I hope everyone enjoyed the contest. If you hadn't guessed by now, the purpose of this contest was to get more people to visit the Harbour Lights website and learn more about their products, especially Anchor Bay. I'm sure many of you picked up bits of information on www.harbourlights.com that you either forgot about or never knew.

This was fun! Watch for more contests in the future.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 02-27-2002).]

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106354 02/27/02 02:09 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Thanks Bob. I will take one of those good looking MSP flag pins.
Jim
Johnson

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106355 02/28/02 12:32 AM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks Bob. We really enjoyed the contest. Now it's time to make a difficult decision. Guess we will go with the 10 postcards. However, we would be more than happy to let Jim Johnson have second place and take the MSP flag pin.

Thanks again for a fun contest.

------------------
Tom & Joyce

Tom & Joyce
Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106356 02/28/02 01:24 AM
Laurie Offline
Bob,

Thanks for running this great contest. It was a lot of fun. I was really thrilled when I saw I had won 2nd place, because I had thought all along that the prize of 20 lighthouse photographs was the best of all three. Now I see I have been bumped up to first. With that the case, I'll select the Bob Younger Memorial Tree.

Again, many thanks. You really went above and beyond the call of duty.

Laurie

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106357 02/28/02 10:55 AM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats to the winners, and thanks to Bob for our winter(??not in the NE??) lighthouse journey!
Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106358 03/03/02 11:37 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Just a short note to let the prize winners know that I will be mailing the prizes out this week, probably on Wednesday. That's my only day off this week.

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106359 03/06/02 09:19 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Note to the lucky winners of the AB PC #8 Contest: Your prizes were mailed this afternoon.

Thanks for playing the game!

Bob

Re: Bob M's Anchor Bay PC #8 Contest Thread #106360 03/19/02 01:08 AM
Laurie Offline
Bob,

I wanted to let you know I recieved my "Bob Younger Memorial Tree" on the eighth, safe and sound. It makes a unique addition to my collection. Again, many thanks for your generosity and ingenuity in running the contest. I feel truly honored (and lucky) to have won. I see that you'll be starting a new one soon. Can't wait to see what you've got in store for this one.

Laurie

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 810 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users