Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How do you display your Anchor Bay Boats? #106320 03/03/02 12:01 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm a little curious on how people display their AB Boats. I would imagine the new "caseless" versions are probably in your curio cabinets while the AB's with cases are probably on mantels, book shelves, tops of curios, etc.

My initial display of my AB's started with one on each side of the mantel over my fireplace (which was never is use). After I installed a wood stove in the fireplace (constantly in use when it's cold out), I thought it best to move the AB's to another location.

Most of you know I put an addition on my home a couple of years ago to allow for more entertaining area and to accommodate more curios and shelves for HL display. I added two new curios and a rather large entertainment center which has book shelves on each side with storage underneath. My AB's with cases are displayed on those shelves with lighthouses (only Harbour Lights of course!). The new releases without cases are going directly into my curio cabinets to afford them some protection from dust.

I do change my displays around every once in awhile by putting the new releases into the curios and putting the older pieces back in their boxes to be stored. I also take a few older pieces out of storage and swap them with other pieces that are already in the curios. It is a lot of work but I don't mind because I enjoy changing the display.

So how do you display your AB's? I'm thinking of maybe taking all the AB's out of the cases for a few months and putting them all on one shelf of my larger curio. It would certainly big a big change from my normal display of lighthouses.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 03-03-2002).]

Re: How do you display your Anchor Bay Boats? #106321 03/03/02 12:24 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I display my Anchor Bays on top of my curios. I don't want to waste valuable curio room with ships. I'm fortunate in that I still have enough room in my curios to handle about 4 more years of lighthouse before I have to worry and I have 6 large curios that can accomodate up to 15 ships with cases. I already have 6 ships(lightships & CG Cutters/boats only) so I have room to grow. I intend to have all my Anchor Bays under cases so I went out and purchased 6 lightships at discount and kept the cases, but sold the ships. I'll relabel the cases and put the new ships under them(as long as they don't get any bigger the the 110" Tybee Class. Everything has got to "look the same" to please this old Coastie. This goes back to my Saturday morning CO inspections when if everything look the same and was in place, the "old man" said good morning and went on to someone else.

Rich

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 792 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users