I'm reposting this topic for those of you that are not handy with your hands but do want a case for your Anchor Bays.

Howdy fellow WACKOS,

I’ve got some great news! Like many of you, I’ve been in a quandary over the lack of glass cases for the newer Anchor Bay ships and the Relief. I attempted to follow Rich’s plans to make my own, and that unfortunately turned out to be a discouraging dismal disaster.

After searching high, low and in between for a suitable supplier, I finally was able to locate a craftsman who was willing to give it a try. As a test case, I sent him Rich’s dimensions and asked for seven cases:

Barque Eagle
George Cobb
Relief
Nantucket
31’ UTB
110’ Tybee
Rigid Hull Inflatable

They arrived yesterday – and they are fantastic! The wooden bases are oak instead of the dark brown ones from Harbour Lights, which have a maple or mahogany color. According to the craftsman, using maple or mahogany would significantly increase the cost of each piece. The bottoms of the bases are padded to protect your furniture.

If you wish to have the brass plates you will have to still go through Rich at flacoastie@worldnet.att.net . But there will not be a flat portion on the edge of the wood base like you have seen in the earlier Anchor Bays – again because it would increase the cost. I intend to put my brass plates at the bottom of the glass.

There is no need to worry about shipping. The craftsman made the shipping container out of wood and particle board. A Phillips head screw driver is required to get the shipping case open. And the glass cases were superbly packed inside with Styrofoam.

NOW FOR THE PRICE -- $32.50 plus $9.95 S/H & INS per case. The glass cases have a mirror back, double strength glass, and ¾ inch oak bases. Such a deal? I’m more than happy with mine. Ecstatic actually. Should you wish to order, let me know at bahbaht@aol.com -- I’ll be happy to work with you as the intermediary. I receive nothing – not even free glass cases. Let me know. My problem has been solved beyond my wildest expectations.

Rich