Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104458 06/09/99 12:39 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Recieved a UPS from my usual dealer in Oregon today with the Assateague VA and Revised Boston Harbor MA GLOWs.

Both are very very nice, well detailed.

The trees on Assateague are great. One looks like it's touching the tower (shades of the old Bob techniques), but is actually a 1/16th inch or so away from the tower.

The Boston GLOW is a definite improvement over the previous GLOW.

Also got a call from my local dealer that my Seven Foot Knoll, etc. are in. Tomorrow brings another lighthouse.

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104459 06/09/99 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sir John,
According to my profile, this will be the 100th post I have made on this Collector's Forum. Hope I didn't make too many mistakes along the way. I have really enjoyed the trip.

My local dealer called me a few days ago and I will be picking up my Assateague GLOW this Friday. Since I just got the redemption slips in the Legacy a couple of days ago I'll take them to the dealer at the same time.

The Assateague LE was the first retired piece I purchased on the secondary market and really got me going on trying to buy the original 17 for my HL collection.

The Assateague area is a favorite of mine. I was saddened, the last time I was there, to see Beetles had really done a number on the trees in the area.

Still waiting for my Key West GLOW to get to my dealer, it must be on the same barge that the Baltimore Harbor is on. I won't see Seven Foot Knoll in a while. I'll just have to wait with great anticipation.

Keeper of the flame,
Derith

[This message has been edited by Derith Bennett (edited 06-09-99).]

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104460 06/09/99 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sir John,
According to my profile, this will be the 100th post I have made on this Collector's Forum. Hope I didn't make too many mistakes along the way. I have really enjoyed the trip.

My local dealer called me a few days ago and I will be picking up my Assateague Glow this Friday. Since I just got the paperwork, the redemption slips will go to the dealer at the same time.

The Assateague LE was the first retired piece I purchased on the secondary market and really got me going on trying to buy the original 17 for my HL collection.

The Assateague area is a favorite of mine. I was saddened, the last time I was there, to see Beetles had really done a number on the trees in the area.

Still waiting for my Key West GLOW to get to my dealer, it must be on the same barge that the Baltimore Harbor is on. I won't see Seven Foot Knoll in a while. I'll just have to wait with great anticipation.

Keeper of the flame,
Derith

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104461 06/09/99 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for the repeat message gang !

This started yesterday as I was posting here at the high school where I am working this summer. Can't figure out what's wrong.... I'm sure John will give me a lead. Wish there was some way to delete it from my end when that happens.

I didn't mean for it to happen !
Derith

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104462 06/09/99 02:31 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Oh, Sure, Derith...

No wonder you got to 100 so fast! (Just kidding)

I'm not sure about the double (and sometimes triple) postings. Could you have hit the button twice?

I've found from experience that when I delete one of the two, the other disappears as well. So, we'll just leave it as is.

John

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104463 06/09/99 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Sir,

I could have hit the button twice.
I am having trouble with the response time at this station. These are feeding from the central offices in our county school system and they don't respond like I am used to at home.

Gracious,
Derith

PS How do I get blanks in my profile filled in?

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104464 06/09/99 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder what on earth is causing this repeat stuff?

Yes Sir,

I could have hit the button twice.
I am having trouble with the response time at this station. These are feeding from the central offices in our county school system and they don't respond like I am used to at home.

Gracious,
Derith

PS How do I get blanks in my profile filled in?

[This message has been edited by Derith Bennett (edited 06-09-99).]

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104465 06/10/99 01:46 AM
A
Al and Kathy Offline
A
Just picked up our Assateague GLOW - love the trees on it. We were surprised the first (and only) time we've seen it at the location. Didn't expect to see a lighthouse in among the trees like that. It's a favorite.

Kathy

Re: GLOWs arrive in Scottsdale #104466 06/10/99 10:55 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I love to see fellow collectors enthuisiastic about Glows. I haven't seen the new Boston Harbor or Assateague Glows yet. They will be added to my collection as soon as my dealer gets them in.

Is there any information on future Glow pieces? When will Portland Head be released? Has anyone seen the new Southeast Block Glow yet? What is next regarding new Glows?

Inquiring minds on the East Coast would like to know...

Bob

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,479 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users