cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How many Society Members only Rose Islands have been made? #104394 12/10/98 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We wondered if HL has released any figures on how many Rose Islands (Society version) have been made.
Since each dealer has a membership were they allowed to also purchase one? More than one? We found a dealer near us that had one on the shelf for sale. Naturally we were surprised to see this. Can anyone shed some light on this? We realize someone might have ordered it and then decided they didn't want it so the dealer put it on the shelf to sell.

Thanks for your help!

Re: How many Society Members only Rose Islands have been made? #104395 12/10/98 04:58 PM
B
Bob St Clair Offline
B
According to what I read on this web site, 6,000 of #416 Reunion Society pieces where produced.

I think I would have bought that Rose Island at that dealers just for "WHY NOT"

Bob
Re: How many Society Members only Rose Islands have been made? #104396 12/11/98 12:25 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Dealers are automatically members, but would have still had to order this special piece. Some dealers hold multiple society memberships just so they can purchase additional pieces to sell to those who weren't collecting then or who forgot to order.

And it could be that someone ordered the Society version and after it came in declined it.

The number of pieces ordered by Society members during the 30 day window was 6,000.

The product number is 616 for the Society version, 614 for the Reunion version and 615 for the miniature.

If your dealer is selling it for retail or close to it - it's a no-brainer. BUY.

Re: How many Society Members only Rose Islands have been made? #104397 12/11/98 04:48 AM
G
Gayle M Offline
G
I am surprised at the reponse to buy the Rose Island Society piece seen on dealers shelves. We are just back from a trip down the Washington-Oregon coast. We stopped at every dealer we could find, and at least five had Rose Island for sale. I was surprised I needed to reserve mine. The Christmas piece also seems to be plentiful, and don't understand the need to reserve ahead of time. I'm a fairly new collector, one year. Why do I need to reserve pieces when there seems to be an abundant supply?

Re: How many Society Members only Rose Islands have been made? #104398 12/11/98 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the quick response! We did indeed buy the Rose Island we found on the shelf. John you're right; it was a no-brainer!

Re: How many Society Members only Rose Islands have been made? #104399 12/11/98 12:50 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
We stopped at every dealer we could find, and at least five had Rose Island for sale. I was surprised I needed to reserve mine.

OK, Gayle, would you mind emailing me with the names of those dealers? Thanks.

Believe me folks, these will NOT be found on shelves six months from now. If you don't have one and didn't reserve one, this is the time to get on the phone and find one. $70 now - lots more later. It won't be worth the same as the Attendee version, or the New Point Loma from last year, but you can pay now or really pay later. One sold on ebay for over $200 a few days ago.

No fair stocking up on 'extras'. One to a collector. If you know of where to find one, please email the Retired@Retail service: Retired@HarbourLights.com

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-11-98).]

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,305 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users