Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10292 02/05/00 07:31 PM
Kaiz Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I was fortunate enough to obtain a Ocracoke AP a few days ago. The piece arrived in excellent condition but there was no felt on the bottom of the pc. with no evidence there ever was any. Luckily no chips existed. Patty called HL to inquire if this was common and was told that some Artist Proofs were done w/o the felt glued to the bottom. They told us that felt should be put on the bottom to protect the pc. in the future.
Within that same week, Harbour Lights had shipped us a large square of the material, told us the best way to install it and included a HL bookmark.
I just wanted to take a moment and thank Tracy for the time she spent on us and also to reaffirm that HARBOUR LIGHTS and the HL family are still the BEST in the business.
Proud to be a member of the family.
Keep the Flame!

Kaiz

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10293 02/05/00 11:03 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
I've never known HL to provide anything but top-shelf customer service.

The Ocracoke AP is a certainly a nice addition to your collection. congrats.

__
/im

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10294 02/06/00 03:04 AM
N
Nana Offline
N
The "home place" in El Cajon has always been very helpful to me as well, Kaiz. I truly believe the collectors are like family and they always treat us as such.

Congrats on the AP, I know you will enjoy having it in your collection.

Derith

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10295 02/06/00 10:13 AM
RFoster Offline
I agree wholeheartedly that Harbour Lights is a top notch company who takes the collectors seriously, provides support quickly and always on a personal level, and makes the collecting experience exiting.

I know of no other company who provides the quality products and service as Harbour Lights.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10296 02/06/00 12:52 PM
Art Offline
I agree that Y&A has been nothing but the best when it comes to customer service.

However, fwiw, I would *not* put that piece of suede-felt on the bottom of the AP if it was mine. Just something about messing with the original condition of a piece -- especially a rarity -- that tells me "don't do it." In most collectible items, each successive modification, scratch, change, etc. that a piece undergoes incrementally reduces it's value.

Imo, you might want to consider simply placing the AP on a loose piece of suede-felt without actually attaching it.

------------------
-Art

-Art
Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10297 02/06/00 06:31 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I agree with Art. It's part of the piece's history. Like refinishing a fine old cabinet. Most antique buyers would rather it be in original condition, not reconditioned.

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10298 02/06/00 07:58 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
This is just another example of a company that seems to take time for everyone.. Anytime I have ever had to get help from them, they have come through. One of the many reasons why I continue to buy from them, and no one else..

Rusty

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10299 02/06/00 08:45 PM
J
Jim Johnston Offline
J
Thats right, Harbour Lights Customer Service is top notch. They will go the extra mile for their customers(family members) If they don't have an answer to your question they'll find someone who does, most of the time, its before you hang up.

fwiw - I'd keep the felt off too

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10300 02/06/00 11:05 PM
N
NiagaraLady Offline
N
Kaiz - congratulations on your AP!
Nice addition to your collection.

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10301 02/06/00 11:26 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I've always found Harbour Lights Customer Service to be the best! They are extremely helpful in answering any questions you might have or providing you with something you need regarding your HLs. "Is that anyway to run an airline? You bet it is!"

By the way....I would glue the felt to your AP but I would keep a piece under it when displayed.

Bob

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10302 02/07/00 12:18 AM
J
Jazzer Offline
J
I have found HL customer service to be top notch in every way as with the entire organization .

Lonnie

Lonnie
Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10303 02/07/00 04:23 PM
M
MONTY Offline
M
HL is the best! BY gave my wife a Seahose Pin at an event signing. She loves the pin and wears it everyday. But as luck would have it, she lost the pin. I called HL about a replacement and three days later we recieved a new one in the mail. No charge. Wow from us.
Monty & Alice

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10304 02/07/00 07:34 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
There is no doubt that HL is the best. I communicate with Zina online every month or so it seems like and she never fails to help
with a question, provide a new c/a, etc.
They are great people. hopefully Zina will make the next reunion so we can meet her.

------------------
Randall & Linda Ronne

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10305 02/08/00 12:34 AM
B
Barb Kepple Offline
B
Another voice heard here praising Harbour Lights for the care and helpfulness with which they treat collectors. I have never dealt with a company that so consistently
goes the extra mile to please and help their "family" of collectors.

Fwiw, I agree with Art and John to leave the AP as is. What a great piece to have!

Barb

Barb
Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10306 02/08/00 04:10 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have to agree with what has been said that Harbout Lights has the best customer service. Last week I was at my dealers with a question on a particular HL. He said "let's get HL on the phone right now". It is great to know that they would be available to help us with our question. I think it is also great that the dealers know that HL staff is available to help them any time during the day as well. Nothing is more frustrating than having to wait several days for a company to get back with you. HL has proven that they are #1 in many areas including their customer service!

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10307 02/19/00 07:09 PM
Brent Offline
"Ditto"!! HL is staffed with great folks who really have a wonderful attitude. I've had some "dealings" with Zena and Kim and found them to be extremely helpful! Also...I agree with Art....placing the felt loosely under your Ocracoke AP is the only way to go! ....B

Brent
OBLHS Charter Member
Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10308 03/11/00 12:22 AM
RRohweder Offline
I have intentionally waited until today to put a reply in this topic. Since late January, I have had more than half of my HL collection on display at the library of College of the Redwoods, Eureka, CA. At any given time I have had 115 to 120 lights at the library. I exchanged about 65 halfway through so they would see all of my collection. So why do I put this in a topic called, "The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights?"

Simple. When the college librarian asked me if I would care to share my collection with the college, first I told them they needed 1/4" tempered plate glass shelves, new industrial supports and a lock that I would have the only key to. The second thing I did was contacted Harbour Lights for advice and anything they could offer to make such a display look good and go smoothly. Since that time they have sent me a "classy" Harbour Lights sign (you should have seen what I had put together on the computer ), 200 of the new brochures, 100 calendars to give away, applications for the "Collector's Society," copies of the Legacy newsletter. Just absolutely unbelievable support.

Just when I couldn't think of any other support they could have given me, they asked me if I would like to run a weekly prize drawing. I did, and thanks to them, College of the Redwoods students have won LE's of Pigeon Point, Gray's Harbor and Cape Disappointment; and OE's of Point Loma, Coquille River and Alcatraz.

It has been a wonderful experience and I've already been asked to repeat it in two or three years when the college has built it's new library. We shall see. This seemed like the right topic to thank Bill, Nancy, "Cousin" Kim, Maureen, Zina and Kate in. Your support and encouragement was superb. Thank you so much.

Rich

ps: Forgot to mention that my dealer, Kathy Trethewey at the Christmas Wreath Gift Shop, Samoa, CA loaned me risers for some of the lights and, at the suggestion of the librarian to "catch people's eyes," a flashing lighthouse lamp by another maker throughout the showing.
------------------

[This message has been edited by RRohweder (edited 03-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RRohweder (edited 03-10-2000).]

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10309 03/11/00 03:39 AM
RezmanDale Offline
Rich;

I think its great that you are willing to share your collection in this way. To hear all that HL has done is wonderful.

I have not had to call on customer service yet but from what I ahve read on these forums they do a great job.

I really appreciate staff getting on the chats and sharing with us. Mo and Kim are a lot of fun to have on the chats to ask your questions directly to. I wish Bill would do the same some time. I know how busy he is but it sure would be fun.

I think they are the best lighthouse replica company because of the quality and attention to detail. Each new release gets better and better.

Dale :=p

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10310 03/12/00 12:53 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Nothing but straight A's for everyone from BY to those in China with the teeny-weenie brushes!

Just this evening I happened to be speaking with someone who stated, "I have met Bill Younger and he is a wonderful man"!

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10311 03/12/00 12:50 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Rich --- did you get some photos of your Harbour Lights display? We'd love to see them.

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10312 03/12/00 03:31 PM
RRohweder Offline
Hi John,

You betcha. Have to take them in and get them developed. If I haven't figured out how to use my new scanner by then, I'll mail them to you. HL wants copies as well. I also took some of Table Bluff Light, or what remains of it.

Anyway, I'll take them in for developing today. Then we'll just wait and see what ........(ready for this?)......... develops! Should know in 2 or 3 days.

Rich

------------------

Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10313 03/13/00 12:38 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Wasn't this a rhetorical question (Best Co.)?

Great project Rich! Now you need a followup survey to find out how many potential Wackos you've educated.

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 03-14-2000).]

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: The Best Co.? Still Harbour Lights #10314 03/14/00 10:02 AM
Brent Offline
...an impressive project, Rich!! 'Looking forward to those pictures.

Brent
OBLHS Charter Member

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users