cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102566 07/25/00 09:53 PM
Stan Offline OP
OP Offline
Got a call today from my Jacksonville, FL dealer that the autoships of Rockland Breakwater and Eagle Bluff have arrived. Gonna go get 'em tomorrow. Other stores in FL ought to be gettin' 'em too.

Re: Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102567 07/26/00 01:13 AM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
They also made it into upstate NY along with the Cape May GLOW. Will pick mine up sometime this weekend.
Jim
Johnson

Re: Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102568 07/26/00 10:45 AM
Torchbearer Offline
That's great news Stan and JJ. I should be seeing mine soon. I do hope the others are following closely.

Sue... any inside information when Sister/s Island is being released?

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Re: Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102569 07/26/00 11:22 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Fraid not. I asked the rep who was at the signing event in Horseheads, NY last Saturday. He said he had the info out in his car and offered to go get it. I told him not to bother as he was busy talking with collectors.

Re: Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102570 07/26/00 04:38 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rockland, Eagle Bluff and Cape May GLOW all arrived Monday here in Denver. Looking forward to getting them this week.

------------------
Randall Ronne

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102571 07/26/00 10:12 PM
Stan Offline OP
OP Offline
Further to my earlier post concerning Rockland Breakwater & Eagle Bluff: upon arrival at the dealer today, I noticed they'd received not only the autoships of the above pieces but the bulk of their follow-on shipment as well. For Jax-area collectors, at least, this is good news as there's no waiting!! Also included in this shipment was the Cape May GLOW and Hatteras on the move (for the upcoming in-store Event with Bill).

Re: Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102572 07/28/00 11:10 PM
Naders Offline
My wife and I had gone into our usual collectible place today, mainly looking for a few new pieces for our Roman Angel Nativity Set. When we got there, I was suprised to see that they had received their auto-ships of Rockland Breakwater, Cape May, and Eagle Bluff. Now, we (my wife and I) had had a discussion earlier in the month as to what new HL LE pieces we would like to get when they come out. ie La Martre, Hereford Inlet, and the Sisters pieces. Well, after seeing the way that Eagle Bluff looked, we decided we had to have it. Now granted, this piece looks similar to White River, and it doesn't have all the detail that White River has, but it was still striking enough to catch our eyes. It looks great beside all of our other HL pieces. Actually, it's about time for us to break down and purchase a Curio. Need something to display these in instead of having them scattered around the house.

Anyhow, as far as the Cape May and Rockford pieces go, we have decided to pass on those. Cape may looked kind of plain to us, while the Rockford piece just didn't "speak" to us. Mind you, the detail on Rockford was great, but with the dull colors, it just seemed kind of plain to us. I know that MrHarnsberger's reviews of these pieces differ from what I think, but to each their own I guess. I guess as long as we all collect the pieces that "speak" to us, we'll all be happy. I know that my wife and I are really looking forward to the release of La Martre, Hereford, and Sisters. Those "spoke" to us the minute we saw the pictures.

[This message has been edited by Naders (edited 07-28-2000).]

Re: Rockland Brkwtr & Eagle Bluff #102573 08/10/00 06:36 PM
kikigl Offline
Rockland Breakwater has finally arrived in the Clearwater area of Florida and I was so glad to get it! It looks exactly like the real one except that it doesn't have the railing. It's been one of my favorites for years. It is the first lighthouse that I saw as a child when my family was in Rockland on vacation, so it's special.

Kay

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 929 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users