cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102085 04/30/03 09:52 AM
Stainz Offline OP
OP Offline
After buying so many 'closeouts' from local stores, I no longer have a 'source' for off the shelf new item purchases. The only local dealer still carrying H-L's will now only order - and they hosted the Younger's in their store a year ago! Anyone know of a dealer who will ship new stock for free? An 800 number would be nice, too. Yeah, I am that cheap...

John

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102086 04/30/03 01:40 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
John, the local dealer that I buy most of my new pieces from has also gone to a "order only" store. I know that she used to ship free on orders over $50. I'm sure many dealers ship free. You will probably get some suggestions but promoting one dealer over another here on the forums might not be appropriate? You can also start looking at the dealer list on the HL website and make a few phone calls to see who could fill your needs.

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102087 04/30/03 05:28 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Sue,...My dealer ships for free. Lighthouse Gallery, Winchester Bay, Oregon. Call Pat at (541) 271-9376. They are nice people to do business with!

smile Bob smile

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102088 04/30/03 05:41 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Actually she ships free to you, Bob, probably because you are getting an autoship of all the Limited Editons from them... they may not do that on a piece by piece basis..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102089 04/30/03 08:00 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Was just informed this week that my dealer is no longer on auto ship. I didn't buy every piece and her inventory was just getting too big. She had a sale to get rid of some, and just can't justify an auto ship when I'm the most regular buyer, and I don't take them all. The bad thing is I'll lose my three digit regular number. Not sure what I'm going to do. She's been so good to me in the past, I hate to jump ship now. I'm weighing weather the low number is that important to me, when I don't buy them all and have no real plans to sell them.

Mike

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102090 04/30/03 10:37 PM
Dick Johnson Offline
I have worried about my dealer not being on the "autoship" and losing my "normal" number also. Have you contacted Harbour Lights and ask them the question of "what if I wanted to keep the same number on my lighthouses?". I would think that they would be able to offer a solution to keep a dedicated user in the same numbering sequence. I have often wondered about asking the question for other pieces, like society and special, so that I could keep my collection in sync.

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102091 04/30/03 11:06 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
There are some dealers who will ship free even if you don't buy them all, like mine did. She shipped free for any $50 purchase of anything from her store. I know of another dealer who does and I emailed that info to John.

Mike your situation is mine exactly. As far as keeping the number - couldn't HL advise which dealer has taken over the number from your former dealer? Then you could contact that dealer and see if you could purchase the desired pieces from them. As long as that number wasn't already given to someone else who wanted to purchase them all it should still be available, maybe on a first refusal basis? Couldn't hurt to ask if the number is important to you.

There seem to be so many dealers discontinuing the line lately, or closing down completely you just may be able to strike a deal.

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102092 05/01/03 11:06 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
You're right Sue, about so many dealers discontinuing the line. I was in North Carolina, around Raleigh-Durham, last week for business. Had a little time to kill so did a little H.L. shopping. Of the six stores I stopped at that we're on H.L. latest dealer list, One had none left, had dropped them. Three others we're in the process of dropping (I assume) because thay were having 40%-50% off sales, and the remaining two each had about 8 or 10 L.E.'s, a couple G.L.O.W.'s and some Little Lights. Just seams these shops aren't interested in having that much high priced, slow moving merchandise on the shelves anymore.

As for me, not sure if I'm going to worry about "my number" anymore. I'm buying fewer lights lately, really sticking to the "ones we've seen" rule, and like I say, my dealer's been good to me in the past, would kinda like to stick with her. Lw numbers are nice for re-sale , but I've got no plans for that any time soon.

Mike

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102093 05/01/03 11:47 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
I'm still with you for the most part Mike. Am having my Society piece shipped to original dealer. And since she's stopped getting auto-ships I've had her order a few for me. That's when the number shock hit! I don't plan to sell mine anytime soon either but there is still a warm feeling when you get numbers lower than 4972!
Had to go elsewhere for the Event pieces though as CNY just doesn't get any signing events (last was '98) and she is not a "participating dealer" for regional pieces.

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102094 05/01/03 03:43 PM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Have you contacted Harbour Lights and ask them the question of "what if I wanted to keep the same number on my lighthouses?".
When my dealer went out of the HL business, I contacted HL and was able to transfer my autoship number to my new dealer. smile

Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102095 05/02/03 10:55 AM
lhlover Offline
My dealer - The Bronze Lady of Orlando - offers free shipping. You can contact Terry at 800-777-0804. It's tax free if your orders are shipped to a different state. He even accepts PayPal! Check out his website: Bronze Lady Website

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org
Re: Any 'Auto Ship' dealers offer free shipping? #102096 05/19/03 11:01 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I recieved some good news from my dealer this weekend. Instead of quitting auto-ship all together, thay have dropped it down to just one, of which I'll get first crack at. Said thay wanted to keep me as a customer and wanted to keep my low number. Since I take a lot of them, they said they'd take a chance with the ones I don't take. Is that a nice dealer or what? I probably would have kept buying from them anyway, and just not worried about my low number, but this just makes it all the better!
laugh laugh laugh

Mike

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,329 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users