Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Numbering Event Pieces? #100479 06/11/06 09:18 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
It's been a tradition since the first event pieces (Sunken Rock 1996 Store Event Exclusive) that these pieces are not individually numbered.

That was true of the Store and Regional Event pieces; not of the Reunion exclusives, of course.

However, I found out today that the Regional Event Exclusive HL694 Adminaralty Head WA ARE individually numbered. These are available from dealers signed up to support the Regional Events.

www.HarbourLights.com/events/regional.htm

The items are NOT auto-shipped, and I don't know how they are being distributed to those dealers.

If you are buying the Regional Event piece, it will be interesting to have CF members report in on the edition number they receive.

Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100480 06/12/06 12:24 AM
beachcomber Offline
My big investment for the year was the purchase of the two Mac's. I won't be able to get the regional pieces but I do want that El Morro thumbnail! Without it, my thumbnail collection will be short again - just when I had completed it with the purchase of the previously elusive Cape Hatteras and Sandy Hook. Ah, the fun of the chase - in a very miniscule way, of course! wink

beachcomber
Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100481 06/12/06 12:35 AM
J
Jim Awrey Offline
J
John,

As far as the distribution of Regional Event pieces, it has always been the same procedure, as long as we've been around. In the spring, all dealers are sent a letter from Harbour Lights, asking if they want to be participating dealers. To be a participating dealer, you are required to buy 1 piece. You are then allowed to order as many additional pieces as you think you can sell. It is somewhat similar to the Christmas piece. You get your standing order (same number of pieces that you get autoshipped for any limited edition), and then you add however many additional Christmas pieces you think you can sell.

NEW RELEASES ANNOUNCED MONDAY, JUNE 12TH!

Jim

Jim

Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100482 06/12/06 12:49 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks, Jim.

Have you received any Admiralty Head pieces yet? Did you (or do you expect to) receive your autoship numbers?

The new pieces may be announced to reps and dealers on Monday, but the collectors will probably be learning about them on Wednesday.

Appreciate your help in allowing the company to roll out the new releases on their schedule. This allows the reps and dealers a chance to learn before the collectors - so that they won't be getting calls from collectors before they themselves are aware of the latest releases.

Thanks,

John

Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100483 06/12/06 01:04 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I think numbering the event pieces is an excellent decision.
I have always been in favor of numbering them.
Except for the St Augustine I got away from collecting event pieces.
In my opinion the large production and no number on them took away from them being a desirable collectable.
Seemed too much like an open edition.
Now if the production could be less than the regular editions.
Make the production small enough where the event piece actually cannot be found on dealer’s shelves after the event is over.

DANIEL
Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100484 06/12/06 09:34 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
NEW RELEASES ANNOUNCED MONDAY, JUNE 12TH!
Well today is Monday, June 12th! I'm looking forward to learning what's ahead for the rest of 2006!

Quote:
The items are NOT auto-shipped, and I don't know how they are being distributed to those dealers.
This could be a problem with some collectors. I'm a numbers person, and I'm sure there are others out there that buy all the new pieces whether they like them or not. It may be exciting for the people who "buy what they like" to get a low numbered piece by chance, but it could turn an auto ship buyer into a "maybe I should just buy what I like too" person. I know it's one of those "six of one, half dozen of another" things, but this is not the time to do things to the faithful.

The only reason I keep an auto ship is for the low flag#. If I stop receiving the low flag# then I would probably change my buying habits and cancel my auto ship. I would probably join those folks who save money by buying what they like and start looking for bargains on the secondary market. I personally don't think Harbour Lights wants this scenario to happen to their most reliable collectors.

smile Bob smile

Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100485 06/12/06 11:21 AM
J
Jim Awrey Offline
J
John,

Our 1 "display" piece that we received for Admiralty Head was #95, so they do NOT coincide with our regular autoship numbers. We have already shipped that out to a customer, and we expect the remaining numbers (late June arrival) to be much higher.

Jim

Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100486 06/12/06 11:44 AM
J
Jim Awrey Offline
J
John,

We did receive the list of new summer/fall releases this morning. Kathy had told us that it would be on the Harbour Lights web site today also, but I guess you would know that if it were true. If collectors are not supposed to know until Wednesday, I will not post the list on this site.

Jim

Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100487 06/12/06 11:55 AM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Please...Please...Purity Please.....

Wednesday is a long 2 days away!

We are all "dying" to know...... :p

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Numbering Event Pieces? #100488 06/12/06 12:36 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
If you signed up for enews at www.HarbourLights.com/email/ in the past -- or by midnight Tuesday, you'll get the first eNEWS in your email box shortly after the clock rolls over to Wednesday.

Pictures, prices, and edition sizes of the new releases.

If you use a spam filter and have the ability to 'allow' email from specific domains, please permit emails from harbourlights.com.

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,415 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users