Next Thread
Print Thread
New Releases #100085 06/24/99 09:34 AM
T
The Bronze Lady Orlando Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Morning again

Just in case you missed the post on the General page, check out www.bronzelady.com for all the latest releases for late 99. Added them yesterday.

Also look for our new store opening next week with the Grand Opening Celebration scheduled for 24 July. Located on the corner of Sand Lake Road and John Young Parkway in Orlando of course. We're between the Super Wal-Mart and the Bealls Dept store.

Terry The Bronze Lady of Orlando

Re: New Releases #100086 06/24/99 11:19 AM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
Grosse Point GLOW looks awsome, the East Quoddy Christmas piece looks spectacular also. I like the "little" Panama light, very cute. They are playing with edition sizes again on these releases, I think that is a good idea (less than 10,000)
As a Buckeye, I am very excited about South Bass Island. Many vacationers ferrying out to Put-in-Bay pass by the light all summer long. The station is kept up in mint shape as an Ohio State research center, and I welcome a new Ohio light to the line. It is one I always have written in the "wish they would make" registration cards.

The Bob Younger Memorial tree is hilarious, you should be proud of yourself Tim!!! LOL. If it is an open edition tree, are you going to stick by your principles and not buy one Tim?
Rod Watson
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 07-12-99).]

Re: New Releases #100087 06/24/99 02:39 PM
R
Robert M Dick Offline
R
Thanks Terry,

Xmas piece looks good. Are the pictures of the canal zone complete?

Moby

Moby
Re: New Releases #100088 06/24/99 07:14 PM
Bill Harnsberger Offline
Would someone tell me why we have to see the new releases at a retail dealer's site instead of at the official Harbour Lights site? Obviously the photos have been available for some time. It would be nice to count on this site as the first place to discover what's new. Just a gripe, and not a reflection on you, John, but an issue with Harbour Lights.

Having said that, the new pieces look decent. The Grosse Point original was such a poor seller that it makes me wonder why they deemed it necessary to create a GLOW. Same thing with Coquille. It would've taken many years to retire if given the chance to last for its entire run. Once again, where are the dealers going to fit all these pieces??

East Quoddy and Sapelo Island may be "Wow's." I'm glad they finally got the proper tapered look on the Portland Head tower...and the dimensions of the house look better, too.

The Panama set, while cute, looks unremarkable in terms of detail. Same with Cape Disappointment. South Bass Island should have been released in an edition size of 8,000 or less. It's going to take a long time to retire (as with all the Ohio lights...although I, too, am originally a Buckeye and was pleased to see it on the list). Toledo Harbor is over 3 years old...and Lorain will probably be forced into retirement.

Meanwhile...Sapelo Island is an 8,000 edition?? It's going to go fast...I would have made it 10,000.

Can someone explain the Bob Younger thing? I'm not in on the joke so I can't tell if the tree's a cute thing or just a wasted "footprint" on dealers' shelves.

Missing from the list is Marken, Netherlands, which appears on the new Harbour Lights calendar. Maybe that's a 2000 release.

Time will tell how popular the new releases are. Stay tuned...

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users