cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouses in the workspace #9211 02/26/03 10:42 AM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
How do lighthouses invade your workspace? confused Seeing as I spend a lot of my waking moments working in a 8ft X 10ft cubicle, I cannot be away from lighthouses so.... I have a lighthouse mouse pad, a lighthouse wall calendar, a lighthouse page a day calendar, and lighthouse pics I took in Maine hanging on my walls, and Lighthouse desktop wallpaper.... Any contributors? I could go one for hours about what I have at home.... but I am not there nearly as much as I'd like to be in my ideal Lighthouse environment! wink

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9212 02/26/03 11:23 AM
P
plebetkin Offline
P
I have lighthouse wallpaper on my computer. The computer is also set up with my favorite lighthouse web sites in my favorites list so I can check during breaks. I have lighthouse calendars but don't have them on my desk yet. That's because they are still in the car waiting for lazy me to bring them in. At home, the room I use for an office has all my 57 Harbour Lights on display. Most are in a curio cabinet with others on the shelves of my book case.

good friends mean good times
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9213 02/26/03 03:59 PM
R
rgurskey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
R
I have a Harbour Lights calendar in my cube, a lighthouse mousepad, lighthouse screen wallpaper and lighthouse CURSORs! My arrow cursor is courtesy Comet Cursors while my "Wait" cursor comes from a lighthouse theme I downloaded. Since moving to XP I have lost my lighthouse sound effects.

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9214 02/26/03 06:42 PM
shiulong Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I have two lights on my desk (Mark Twain and Pigeon Point) and have placed several of my photos as wallpapper in the facility computers. The users don't dare change it. eek I also use the Sherman screen saver on my office computer. That's about it for the most part.

Chuck laugh laugh

bigdragon
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9215 02/26/03 07:48 PM
Shirin Offline
My office area is loaded with lighthouse calendards, postcards from co-workers trips, Little Lights and more.

The home office area is just as loaded if not more.

shirin

Shirin
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9216 02/26/03 08:03 PM
Weasel58 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
On my desk I have a St Augustine mouse pad. On the walls I have a Harbour Lights Calander, a painting of Cape Hatteras, and a poster showing the lighthouses of North and South Carolina. Interesting thing is my regional lead, who never visits was in the office about a month ago and noticed the poster and we started talking. Turns out he collects Harbour Lights also! eek

Update: The St. Auggie Mouse Pad has been taken home, but I did put up my "Graveyard of the Atlantic" map which shows alot of the shipwreaks along the Outer Banks.

Eric
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9217 02/26/03 08:37 PM
Torchbearer Offline
My office is also loaded with lighthouse paraphernalia. I have 15 LEs sitting around along with a lighthouse mouse pad. As far as my home office, I will not even go there!

Tim

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9218 02/27/03 02:01 PM
eastpoint Offline
At work I have two lighthouses that a friend gave me which are not HL but look ok for work. Also have 13 framed photo's from Outer Banks, Delaware Bay and of course East Point. Also have a daily tear off calendar, and three different screen savers, Mark Shermans, Skip Willits NJ Lights and a moving Hatteras.

Hank

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9219 02/27/03 03:22 PM
P
plebetkin Offline
P
I teach eighth grade and always thought about taking some of my pieces to school to display. Unfortunately, I think that will be asking for a major potential disaster.

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9220 02/27/03 06:53 PM
CarolZ Offline
Let's see...this may take a while. I have 2 LH calendars, pages from a LH a day calendar 2002 taped on my cabinets, a small LH figurine (not HL) a co-worker picked up for me, postcards, and a framed picture of Belle Isle (I think it's in France) my husband gave me a few Christmases ago. I also taped up a few cute LH cartoons I've found. EVERYONE knows I'm the LH nut!!! But that's ok.

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9221 02/27/03 07:08 PM
eskilady Offline
I, unfortunately, have no lighthouse things where I work. frown I work with my husband who is not a lighthouse person and my work area consists of part of a desk and my computer. Luckily I have things here at home that makes my work place worthwhile!

Eskilady

Eskilady
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9222 02/27/03 10:57 PM
Beaconfollower Offline
Portland Light mouse pad. Photo's of my last trip to the Jersey Challenge. 4 very little lights of all four lights on the outerbanks. A lighthouse windchime hanging behind me. A lighthouse calender. 2 drawings that a patient drew for me ( a child ). Another hanging lighthouse that says I only do "light house work."
I even made lighthouse curtains for one of the examing rooms windows. Gee think thats enough? laugh

Hey come on Carol, make Dave let you have something on your desk or tell him we will make him go with us on our next trip! wink

Sheryl
Baroness of Beacons
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9223 02/28/03 03:38 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have 2 Lighthouse calendars and lots of postcards pinned to the cubie walls. Not allowed any outside wallpaper or screen savers though frown corporate policy.

I particularly find it very stress relieving to look at the postcard cubie "wallpaper" on high stress days smile

MelJB smile

Melody
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9224 02/28/03 11:00 PM
Dick Johnson Offline
I have all of the GLOW's displayed on top of my filling cabinets, 2 lighthouse calendars, the 2 minatures from the last reunion, 1 lighthouse mousepad, 3 other non HL lighthouses (including 1 lit one) given to me by staff, 1 lighthouse light with 2 lights, several pictures of my wife by lighthouses, and the Mark Sherman screen savers on both PC's. But no one in the office knows that I have an interest in lighthouses yet.

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9225 03/01/03 11:26 AM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
Ahhh! It's great to see that I am in good company! smile

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9226 03/01/03 02:08 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
alright, here goes...here is the entirety of my lighthouse-themed office.

on the north wall, i have the OBX Graveyard poster. Then I have a poster with NJ lights, a small picture of Conover Beacon, my lighthouse buuliten board, which I made by gluing lighthouse fabric to an old bulliten board (send me a private message for more info), and several of those heitage puzzle 80 piecers framed. I also have several lighthouse magnets on the file cabinet.
On the east wall, there are more framed 80 piecers, as well as two 1000 piece puzzles of Us and international lights. I also have my tall lighthouse calendars and a framed, long postcard with OBX lights. I also have a panorama of Barnegat.
On the south wall, I have pictures of Tucker's Island and Sea Girt taped to the closet doors, a 100 piece puzzle of OBX lights, and a photo collage with all the lights I saw in 2000.
Finally, on the west wall, I have a single, pen and ink drawing of Currituck Beach Light that wegot as a thank you gift from the owners of the house we rented for a week on the OBX in 2000.

I think thats it... I have so much!!!

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9227 03/01/03 03:46 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Oh yeah, and I have a Sea Girt desktop!

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9228 03/01/03 10:24 PM
B
Bud Schrader Offline
Wacko
Wacko
B
I have a small office at our consruction main office, I have two collages of Michigan Lighthouses, my early Crisp Point (from our first trip) - One 8x10 of Little Sable, My Marblehead Spring with Bird, a very large Hatteras print with inspirational verse, Pt. Vicente, Ca. and I'm working on some shots from last Oct. trip, more Crisp and Whitefish.I was able to get a Marblehead Sunrise framed and hanging in our outer office. Then there's the usual calenders. A couple years ago the girls up front said the lighthouses would have to stay in my area, but I think that has changed. smile

Bud
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9229 03/01/03 10:27 PM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by seagirt:
Oh yeah, and I have a Sea Girt desktop!
And it suits you well! laugh laugh laugh

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9230 03/02/03 02:04 PM
Gary Martin Offline
I probably don't have the average lighthouse office space. There are 6 8x10, 1 11x14, and 1 16x20 framed Cibachrome prints on one wall of my office and then framed archival 12x18 and a 7x12 prints of the type used to prepare the 10x30 that's going to Frank in June on another wall... (OK, so I know the photographer). My computer has a lighthouse screensaver collection of some of my photograhs.... about 550 of them and then there is Guichard 2003 lighthouse calendar on the wall next to the computer, along with a couple of HL's on one of the bookshelves to round out the decor.

Gary

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9231 03/02/03 02:50 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
A Desk Calendar, A Wall Calendar, and a few photos that I have taken are in my office space.

Jim
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9232 03/02/03 04:07 PM
Gebby Offline
In my office I have 2 wall calendars, a desktop daily calendar, 2 Guardian of the Night lit lighthouses,(1 on each end my desk, yes my desk is 8 feet long), a mouse pad of Hatteras and 2 combined screensavers. Also on the wall I have a 4'x6' wall tapestry of Hatteras covering 2 large electrical boxes. All my HL's are at home.

My home office has no more room for anything. I wish I could put wall units in front of the 2 big windows just to make more space for more Harbour Lights. My wife thinks I am out of control. But what does she know, right? I guess I am sort of obsessed.

Ken

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9233 03/02/03 09:35 PM
T
TERRY BARFIELD Offline
T
No office, I work out of my truck. HELP!!!!

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9234 03/03/03 11:51 AM
P
plebetkin Offline
P
remember the psychedelic painting on the outside of cars during the flower power movements? If not look them up. You can do lighthouse images on the outside of your truck. Inside, a mural around the cab sounds exciting.

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9235 03/03/03 11:59 AM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, you can at least get some bumperstickers! That would be a start! smile

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9236 03/03/03 08:22 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Well, being that I work in the field, Industrial Construction that is, I have no office. But I guess I could duct tape a few Lighthouse Postcards to the inside lid of the gang box.

As for my home office, well: being that my intire home with the exception of the office is a shrine to Lighthouses. My office is my NASCAR / Tony Stewart room! Well, that is unless you consider the wall to wall closet that is full of HL boxes!!!!!!!

Shortcake

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9237 03/03/03 10:00 PM
RFoster Offline
At my desk there are the many pictures I rescued from past calendars that folks were throwing away, new calendars (day to day and monthly), my Harbour Lights mouse pad with Hatteras, a miniature of Avery Point Lighthouse sits on my computer, webshots screen saver with lighthouse images I have taken (as with the background desktop on my computer). There is not enough room here to list what the house looks like.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9238 03/04/03 12:46 PM
J
JCRice Offline
J
Well...I have an interesting situation. I DON'T work on the road...but I don't have an office either. I work for Timex and they built a new office building a few years ago and it's very unique. Mostly everyone (outside of some IT and building guys, the main receptionist, and the cafe workers) sits on the same floor and here's the "kicker"...there are NO INTERNAL WALLS in the entire place. The only walls are the outside walls of the building and those are glass!!! My work area consists of desk, a small set of drawers and a little mini filing cabinet. There's a mini "privacy wall" between desks (desks are set up in pairs) but it's short (I'm only 5' 8" and I easily see over it) and there's a shelf on it.

Sooo...There's really no room for any sort of hanging calendars (I guess I could put them on my filing cabinets but I wouldn't see them...). And, it's a little too open for me to feel comfortable to put out any sort of LLOM or anything like that. People have had stuff taken off of their desks...and I also sit right at the top of the staircase so it would be easy to snag something off my desk and be outside of the building in a matter of seconds.

But...I do manage to have a little lighthouse representation. I have a day-to-day desk calendar on my desk and my computer wallpaper happens to be a wintery picture of Grand Haven, MI.

I wish that I could have more...but at least I have something.

--Jeff
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9239 03/04/03 02:15 PM
P
plebetkin Offline
P
Jeff,

Do you find more work is done in an open space situation rather than cubicles?

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9240 03/04/03 05:48 PM
J
JCRice Offline
J
Yeah...probably. You are also very aware of everyone's noise level...(sound carries pretty well in this set-up).

--Jeff
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9241 03/04/03 06:00 PM
Bill Harnsberger Offline
My Harbour Lights mousepad has served me well for several years. Plus...framed lighthouse photos scattered...Monhegan, ME, Big Sable, MI, East Quoddy, Canada and Long Point, MA.

Oh...plus my "Little Lights of Mine": Portland Breakwater, Portland Head, Whaleback, Pemaquid and West Quoddy. Other than these 10 things, my office is totally void of lighthouse stuff...

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9242 03/05/03 02:28 AM
W
WisKeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
W
In my cubicle I have a large poster of Cana Island Lighthouse, several lighthouse calendars, lighthouse photos, about 20 or so large postcards of Michigan lighthouses on the cubicle wall, Gary Martin's Forum photo on my bookcase, a lighthouse birdhouse, and a White River lighthouse model. My work does not allow screen savers or wallpaper on my PC. In the past I have also had a map of lighthouses of the Great Lakes, a lighthouse historical preservation poster, and a Door County lighthouse poster. I have less wall space now for these posters than I did in my last office.

I also have a Cape Hatteras clock, and a lighthouse tissue holder.

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9243 03/08/03 05:36 PM
kikigl Offline
I work out of my home office. I have two lighthouse calandars and a daily lighthouse canendar. I also have about seven from previous
years because I couldn't bear to throw them away.
I have two Harbor Lights on my desk; Old St Augustine, Fl. and Cape Elizabeth Maine,
I also have an album of photographs of all Harbor
Lights owned by me. I also have another album of all the lighthouses I have visited. I have a curio in my office displaying part of my Harbour
Lights collection. I two pictures of myself and
a friend with Portland Head in the background.
I have Harbour Lights and Lighthouse Depot magizines and Lighthouse books. I also have pictures of lighthouses on my bullitona board.

Kay
Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9244 03/09/03 12:31 PM
DeDo Offline
My window-less office in the hospital is the lab where the patients come for the Pulmonary Function testing that I provide.

I know that my area is brightened by the green plants and lighthouses on top of the file cabinet, on the countertop & higher shelving. I have about 8-10 lighthouses, none Harbour Lights. Some are the generic lighhouses, others are other companies versions of particular lighthouses. All picked up at garage sales for the very purpose of decorating my work space. I know many of my patients remark on how homey the plants & lighhouses make the small lab seem!

Donna smile

Re: Lighthouses in the workspace #9245 03/12/03 11:11 PM
Roxie Offline OP
OP Offline
It's nice to see the posts in this thread... It seems many of us have different jobs, but somewhere there lighthouses are always in the background. smile

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,068 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users