cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NELL Spring Meeting- And Beyond Pt 4 Monday Acadia National Park #69883 06/25/07 10:52 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
We took a ride on Monday over to the Schoodic Peninsula part of Acadia National Park to see a couple lighthouses over there.

The first one we saw was Winter Harbor. It's a bit of a distant view but at least it's a clear view-

We continued on to the Prospect Harbor lighthouse. There is an active naval installation there so you are cautioned to not get too close to the gate of it.

Here's a photo from across the harbor -

This next one was taken by climbing down to the beach close to the lighthouse and walking out on the rocks.

This last one is taken from the road leading to the naval installation.

We left there and drove back to the main part of Acadia and drove around the loop roads and up to the top of Cadillac Mountain and had lunch at the Jordan pond Tea House. nice place, good food, ok service but a bit pricey for my blood.

We did get a very distant view of Egg rock Lighthouse from the loop road.

We took our leave of Acadia and spent the evening in the town of Bar Harbor. I had one of my most disapointing meals of the trip at a restaurant called Poor boy's gourmet. Esther enjoyed her meal so it was a wash, so to speak.

Dennis

Continued in Pt 5-

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=001191

Re: NELL Spring Meeting- And Beyond Pt 4 Monday Acadia National Park #69884 06/27/07 09:48 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
A couple of those pictures would make great postcards, Dennis!

smile Bob smile

Re: NELL Spring Meeting- And Beyond Pt 4 Monday Acadia National Park #69885 06/27/07 11:20 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
A couple of those pictures would make great postcards, Dennis!

smile Bob smile
Bob,

Thanks for the compliment. You should see the ones i didn't post, though. I always make sure I pick the best of the lot to post.

There are about 10-15 times as many that I didn't use. digital is great- I came back with about 1250 photos and probably deleted another 500 or so on the trip.

I just uploaded the photos I kept every night to my laptop and had a clear card each day to play with.

Esther has about the same amount of photos that she took- some are of lighthouses but most are of the other interesting things we saw. I concentrate on lighthopuses- with some other objects here and there.

Dennis

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,150 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users