Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cleveland Ohio? #68056 11/13/10 01:42 AM
Tybee_Sullivan Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Could someone list the lighthouses in Cleveland, as well as any lights within 50-100 miles away? I'm going there next year, and would like to shoot as many as I can. Lighthouse Friends just gives all of them in Ohio.

This space for rent. Inquire within.
Re: Cleveland Ohio? #68057 11/13/10 02:59 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
You can search this sub-forum for trip information. Dennis was just in the area and shared one of his excellent travelogues and pictures. Other resources:

Lighthouse Friends , a site that is almost always a very helpful site with lots of information. You can see a map with all the lights marked. LHFriends does things alphabetically.

Another very useful site is Russ Rowlett\'s Lighthouse Directory another excellent resource for planning. His site lists lighthouses in sequence, so you can sort out where they are relative to each other.

Re: Cleveland Ohio? #68058 11/13/10 11:47 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Here's a link to my latest trip to the Cleveland area. (Dave you're gonna make me blush. smile )

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001402

Here's some milage details by my mapping program-

Erie, PA is about 105 miles east of Cleveland.

Marblehead, OH is about 80 miles west of Cleveland.

Basically given the parameters you indicated you should be able to get to all of the lighthouses I got to in my travelouge.

In fact given enough time you could even take the ferry out to get an up close view of the lighthouses there. It would mean most of a day, though which is why we passed on it.

Go back to the sites Dave mentions as they are very good for directions and other information such as links to sites for the individual lighthouses and other sites for information as well.

I reccomend using a GPS of some sort as it is almost always extremely helpful- but bring the paper map as well.

Dennis

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,559 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users