cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Maine in September #67764 12/19/00 12:17 PM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
My husband and I are thinking about heading to Maine in the early Fall and would like to stay ina town close to as many lighthouses as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions as to towns and/or hotels?

Re: Maine in September #67765 12/19/00 12:28 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Carol, we're (LI Chapter of US LIghthouse Society) doing a LH tour of Maine in June by bus. We'll have most of the details finalized by the January 7th meeting at Fire Island.
- Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Maine in September #67766 12/20/00 12:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just visited New England this Fall (Saw 153 Lighthouses in 29 Days) and stayed at the Elms B & B in Camden Maine on two three day weekends. They co-op L/H Cruises each Weekend that see most of the area Lights (Many of which could not be seen from land).
check out their website for this next Falls schedule. I would highly recommend these cruises and their B & B.

Re: Maine in September #67767 12/20/00 08:17 PM
kikigl Offline
I also highly recommend the Elms Bed & Breakfast in Camden. The lighthouse cruises are great. They have several different cruises to view different lights. You will see about seven lights. They go in real close so you can get some really good pictures. The cruise that we went on was all day and included a picnic lunch.
Portland and some of the coastal towns south of Portland are delightful places to stay. There are lighthouses that can be viewed from land. These include Portland Headlight, Two Lights, Cape Elizabeth, Goat Island, Spring Point, Portland Breakwater, and Cape Neddick.
Lighthouse Depot is also located in Wells Beach and is well worth a visit.
I have a book, Maine Lighthouses by Courtney Thompson that show all the Maine Lighthouses and also has directions, which really helps in locating them.
I am from Maine originally and whenever I go back I plan my trips around "chasing lighthouses".

Kay

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,150 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users