Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SC lighthouse visit - SUCCESS #67734 04/12/99 01:58 PM
D
Dea Offline OP
OP Offline
D
WOW! 7 lighthouses in 5 days! What a great birthday present. We started at Morris Island and worked our way down to Tybee and Cockspur. We saw Morris Island, Sullivan's Island, Hunting Island, Harbour Town, Haig Point, Tybee Island, and Cockspur. There were two more on the trip, but the old Hilton Head light is on a private golf course and we were told we couldn't see it, and Lemington (Hilton Head Rear Range) is on private property and we had to get permission from 1 person and she wasn't working that day! But 7 out of 9 isn't bad! If you are planning a trip that way, email me and I'll give you diretions and any thing else you need (like the name of the person you have to get permission from!). WHAT A VACATION!

[This message has been edited by Dea (edited 04-12-99).]

Re: SC lighthouse visit - SUCCESS #67735 04/13/99 12:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Dea,

What fun you must have had !!

I need to know directions to Haig Point, Sullivan's Island and the information about the two on Hilton Head. I am not too far away (FL) and do some weekend trips. I have been to the others you mentioned.

Seems from a recent article I read in the Lighthouse Digest, Morris Island may get some much needed renovation. That was great news.

Is Haig Point the light where the author Pat Conroy taught?

Derith

Re: SC lighthouse visit - SUCCESS #67736 04/13/99 04:58 AM
P
Polly Offline
P
Congratulations on what sounds like a very exciting trip! Your lighthouses are quite a ways from my location but I'll take you up on the offer for tips & directions if I pass your way.

I envy your wonderful trip!

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,244 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users