Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Split Rock #67323 06/25/07 10:17 AM
fra02441 Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Going to see this lighthouse on Friday. Please help me with the travel. I am planning to see the following
Grand Marais
Split Rock
Two Harbors
Duluth North and South
Minnesota
Am I missing anything and which is better to take a picture of in the morning and which is better in the afternoon because of the sun.
I am leaving on Thursday so any info would help.
Tammy are you out there I know you know that area because of that fantastic arial shot. Got any hints?
Fran

Re: Split Rock #67324 06/25/07 03:40 PM
TD Offline
Don't miss Wisconsin Point in Superior. It is a very unique light that is one of my favorites. It's on Moccacasin Mike Road just before you get to Duluth.If you get a good sunrise Canal Park in Duluth is very nice spot because of the two lights that form the canal into the port. If your going to stay overnight I would stay in Canal Park in Duluth. Just past Two Harbors light you have to stop at Betty's Pies. I would go their for a early lunch before you hit Split Rock. Expect to stay at Split Rock for at least two hours. You have to take the trail or stairs down to the old loading dock. The view is awesome looking up to Split Rock. You will really enjoy your day on the North Shore.

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users