Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Castle Hill and Beavertail #65326 05/10/99 11:09 PM
S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We made a return visit on Mother's Day to Castle Hill and Beavertail. It is always so peaceful there in those two spots. Was a little disappointed to see that one of the block glass windows on the front of the light was busted out. Beavertail was in great shape. We went out there and just climbed the rocks on the beach and helped my son blow bubbles. Lots of fun and relaxation as always.

Sara

Re: Castle Hill and Beavertail #65327 05/10/99 11:48 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Sara, ...Yes, Castle Hill and Beavertail are great spots to visit. Beavertail is easy to find and visit. Castle Hill can be a little difficult to find and visit if those signs from the Castle Hill Inn scare you. I don't know if they actually throw people out of their parking lot during their busy season. Did you stop by Point Judith too?

Bob

Re: Castle Hill and Beavertail #65328 05/11/99 12:28 AM
DeDo Offline
Hi Sara & Bob,
We are looking forward to visiting Castle Hill & Beavertail on our trip to Cape Cod the
end of June.
We haven't visited any of the RI lights.
We also want to see Point Judith which looks beautiful in my lighthouse calendar.
Our son was accepted to URI last year & we went to visit the college in Feb. We drove down to Narragansett Bay after but didn't know that Point Judith was so close by/didn't have my lighthouse books with me. Won't make that mistake again. Glad to hear that the others are relatively easy to find.

P.S. the son went to U of Delaware which has allowed us to visit lights in NJ, DE &
Maryland
Donna

Re: Castle Hill and Beavertail #65329 05/11/99 08:34 PM
S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We got a late start on Mother's Day, so we didn't get out to Point Judith. We have visited Castle Hill and Beavertail before, and have never been thrown out of the Inn's parking lot. In fact, the Inn just cleaned up the trail out to the light by adding some mulch for better traction and by picking up the scattered garbage and bottles. So I believe they welcome lighthousers with open arms.

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,194 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users