Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Washington State & BC Lighthouses #63678 06/26/08 04:50 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
It looks like we will be traveling to the Seattle and Vancouver/ Victoria area in September for about a week.

We intend to fly into Seattle and drive the next morning to Vancouver (free airline tickets to Seattle not available to Vancouver) and spend 2 1/2 days in Vancouver and the 1 full day on Vancouver Island (Victoria) and then drive back to Seattle via a ferry from Vancouver Island.

I'm thinking of taking the Ferry to Vancouver Island from Tsawwassen and then take the ferry from Victoria to Anacortes.

Does either of these ferries go past any lighthouses? It looks like the one from Victoria to Anacortes would possibly do that but I'm not sure.

I hope to get to Fisgard while on Vancouver Island and to those in the Vancouver and Victoria area that are visible from shore.

I'd like to get to a number of the WA lighthouses we missed on our last trip- like Mukelito, Admiralty Head, etc.

Any help you can give to me will be appreciated.

Hotel or restaurant reccomendations in the Seattle, Vancouver and victoria area are appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Dennis

Re: Washington State & BC Lighthouses #63679 06/27/08 03:58 AM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Dennis
If memory serves me correctly,I think you can see Active Pass and Portlock Point from the ferry between Tsawwassen and Vancouver Island. Lighthouses we saw when we did this trip included Trial Island, Oak Bay [a Harbor Light], Point Atkinson, Prospect Point, Fisgard and Brockton Point. The last four we were able to walk up to with no problem. We did this probably about 6 or 7 years ago so memory may be a little rusty.

Victoria to Anacortes ferry, you may be able to get a distant view of Burrows Island depending on weather.

If you want to email me, I can provide some travel information on Washington lighthouses. If schedule permits and I am in town, I can try to get you a personal tour of the Mukilteo lighthouse.
Darlene

Re: Washington State & BC Lighthouses #63680 06/27/08 04:09 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Darlene,

Thanks for the info. I'm just making my general plans at this point. Hotel reservations, etc.

Dennis

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,150 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users