Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nassau, Bahamas? #61636 04/25/08 02:57 AM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I'm seriously considering flying down to Lauderdale one weekend this summer and doing a two-night "booze cruise" on the Regal Empress , a 1954 Clyde-built classic cruise ship with supposedly almost completely original interiors that sails to the Bahamas.

I'm trying to convince myself that I should just do this trip before this ship is inevitably retired, and probably scrapped. One way I'm trying to do this is by thinking of all the lighthouses I can see from the ship in the Bahamas.

I know that Hog Island is usually passed coming into the harbour. So that's probably a definite. But are there any others I might be able to hit?

I know that as a ship geek, I should do this. But I need to convince myself by telling the lighthouse geek part of me that there's a reason for it to go, too.

Re: Nassau, Bahamas? #61637 04/25/08 03:51 AM
Tybee_Sullivan Offline
Wacko
Wacko
http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/bhs.htm

This space for rent. Inquire within.
Re: Nassau, Bahamas? #61638 04/25/08 01:33 PM
grandmaR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well there are the lighthouses in the Ft. Lauderdale area of course. I thought I might be able to see Hillsboro Light.

and you may be able to see the Great Isaac Light on the north end of Bimini - I don't have a picture of that because we were too far away - I could hardly see it with binoculars.

This is the Hog Island light

And IIRC there's another one on the other end of the harbour, but I don't have a good enough photo of that to show.

I don't think this thing is a real lighthouse, but it is there.

All of these pictures were taken from our sailboat which is closer to the water than the cruise ship will be.

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,501 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users