Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60381 08/09/04 01:44 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I didn't even go -- but certainly wish I had -- but I'm hearing NOTHING BUT PRAISE for Suzanne Murphy's tours of the Upper Peninsula lighthouses.

Great job, Suzanne! Looks like you had an 'in' with the weatherman as well as all the lighthouse owners and operators!

Anybody got some group photos of people at lighthouses from this trip? Or photos that show some of our WACKOs having a good time on this trip?

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60382 08/09/04 06:13 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'll just "ditto" what John said. Suzanne really set up a fabulous week. Everything came together perfect from the weather, to the tours, and especially to all the great people we had the priviledge to spend the week with.

As Paul Brady is always saying, "it just doesn't get any better than this".

Thanks to Pam Cook and Judy Rath who also helped Suzanne.

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60383 08/09/04 11:01 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
It just doesn't get any better than this!!

And a very big part of the reason was...

Suzanne, Pam and Judy!!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60384 08/10/04 11:09 PM
Tammy Wolfe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
John,

With the exception of Paul Brady, I think most of us try to get photos of lighthouses without any people. Here are a few shots I took with people.

Ontonagon Lighthouse My husband, Randy, on the left and Judy Rath on the right. I'm not sure who is in the middle.

Lorie Roe @ Eagle Harbor Lighthouse

Here are a few other pictures (no lighthouses)...

Jody and Bob Ott playing bingo.

Wackos listening intently to Paul Brady

Ditto what was said above. Suzanne is amazing! And thanks to everyone who assisted her.

Tammy

p.s. It's 44 degrees and raining in Houghton at this time.

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60385 08/10/04 11:50 PM
2beacons Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
HERE IS A BIG THANK YOU TO SUZANNE AND HER HELPERS PAM AND JUDY......WE HAD A GREAT TIME!!!!!

The weather was great and so were the people who were with us for this trip. I still can't believe that Lake Superior cooperated with a bunch of wackos......

We really appreciate the hard work that went into this trip. It was wonderful.

Mary and Jeff

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60386 08/11/04 12:06 AM
Gebby Offline
For you Wackos that keep missing these trips for one reason or the other, you're really missing out! I love these get-togethers. A big reunion is going to be nice, but these smaller trips are great.
Thanks again Suzanne, Pam & Judy. Can't wait for another trip!!!

Ken

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60387 08/11/04 10:43 AM
W
WisKeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
W
Thanks! I had many, many, many people praying for months for good weather and it looks like our prayers were answered!

I thank Judy and Pam for their pre-trip assistance in planning and help during the trip.

Many people attending the trip contributed towards prizes for games during the boat trips. This added to the fun for all and helped area lighthouses!

There were numerous other wonderful helpers in the days before and during the trips. We have a wonderful group of lighthouse people and it was nice to have so many people volunteer to help.

I am very grateful that my computer did not break down and lose my database and spreadsheets. Keeping track of 71 people for numerous activities was a challenge, but technology made it easier.

I am very glad that everyone had an enjoyable time and was able to take lots of beautiful photos!

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60388 08/11/04 11:13 AM
CarolZ Offline
Thanks Suzanne, Pam & Judy. You three really did a fabulous job!! I can't believe how great the trip was. Too bad I had to leave on Wednesday. It looks like the great weather and fun continued through to the weekend.
I'm looking forward to the next LH trip.

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60389 08/11/04 04:01 PM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
Suzanne did a SUPERB job!! And a big thanks to all those assemblers!
It was great to see 71 people from 17 different states all come and work well together.

I had quite a time withdrawing on my way home Friday when I lost my caravan. I kept looking back to see if everyone was still in line! Seriously though, I thought the caravan went great, and we couldn't have done it successfully without the attention of all that were in it. You were all very prompt, & very ready to to go!
THANK YOU ALL! laugh
(I wouldn't doubt that Suzanne has another trip in the works down the road.) wink

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60390 08/11/04 04:26 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Suzanne, Judy, and Pam...I didn't go on this trip, but wish I had from what I have heard. Coordinating 71 people must have been quite a task. I wish I could execute a trip half as well as this one seemed to have gone. One day, I hope to find myself part of this experience. smile

Re: Congratulations Suzanne Murphy! #60391 08/11/04 09:09 PM
Elmer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have to echo the same sentiments .... the lighthousing adventures we just experienced were extremely well organized and the weatherman certainly did cooperate fully. A great job by Suzanne, Pam, and Judy. laugh laugh laugh Can't wait until the next one ....... do I hear whispers about the Apostle Islands, hmmmmmmm ... confused laugh confused

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,329 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users