Lighthouse Walk Door Co. #7125 03/14/00 09:48 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
L
Has anyone gone on the Lighthouse Walk in May
and how is it. I sent for imfo on it haven't received it yet, Sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
Larry

Larry
Re: Lighthouse Walk Door Co. #7126 04/08/00 11:43 PM
W
WisKeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
W
I just received the flyer for the event this year. I have been to three Door County lighthouse walks and to Door County on other occassions. It has always been an enjoyable weekend. I have been on all the boat trips and to every lighthouse in Door County that one can get to. I have been to the lighthouses in all kinds of weather. If this is your first year, the day long boat trip and hike to the lighthouse on Rock Island is a great choice. The Rock Island lighthouse recently was given a new restored lantern room. The trip to Chamber's Island is also popular. One needs to call and register early for the boat tours. Cana Island is an adventure every year, since one never knows if one will be wading in Lake Michigan to get to the island. This year the lake is 2 feet low, so it should be no problem staying dry.

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
Re: Lighthouse Walk Door Co. #7127 04/09/00 02:55 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
It is a lot of fun and Door Co is beautiful in May. Highly recommended. Concides w/ the Door Co. festival of blossums. A relaxing weekend and easy to see all the land lights in a couple days. Like Suzanne suggests - try to take one of the boat tours. I'd suggest making a motel reservation soon.

__
/im

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,143 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users