cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Display of Christmas pieces #5141 12/18/99 03:09 AM
DocJ44 Offline OP
OP Offline
After reviewing the posts under the Christmas piece rating thread, I was wondering how many of us display these pieces only during the Christmas season and how many of us display them year-round.
As for myself, these pieces along with Presque Isle and the ornaments have their own shelf in the curio and they are displayed all year long. I now have no more room on that shelf so I have to think about what I will do next year...at least I have a little time to think about it. Probably what motivates me to keep the pieces permanent is that I am afraid something bad will happen (like I will drop one) if I move them around too much. Once any lighthouse gets settled into its place in the cabinet, its not likely to move around too much.

Doc John

Doc John
Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5142 12/19/99 12:19 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I don't have a set plan yet. I just started collecting this year so I'm winging it. I'm still getting my Master Plan under way- I got my son to move to CA and I talked my daughter into moving into his room so I can turn her old room into a combination guest/ display room. Until then I have a number of LH's displayed by the computer and around the LR/DR. I've been changing them periodically. I now have all 5 Christmas pieces displayed on the computer with the 4 available Ornaments sitting next to the coresponding Christmas LH. I also have a couple of Bob Younger Memorial Trees displayed with them. I'llobably save the Christmas pieces for display at Christmas time in the future. Dennis

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5143 12/19/99 01:04 AM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Christmas doesn't come just once a year at my house. All five christmas pieces are displayed year round in the curio. With pieces that look that good, how can you put them away after Christmas?

My ornies are displayed year round as well. They are kept in a seperate display of their own, but are right there next to the curios.

-Todd

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5144 12/19/99 01:46 AM
RezmanDale Offline
Mine will probably be put away this year unless Santa brings me aanother curio. Mine is pretty full right now and I have several more pieces on the way. Eventually I hope to have a seperate shelf for all of the christmas pieces.

Dale

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5145 12/19/99 04:25 AM
S
SCombs Offline
S
I started last year about this time with a Christmas piece, Colchester Reef. Then I decided I would try to get the ornaments since they were less expensive than the limited edition pieces.

Now I have all the Christmas pieces, ornaments, and society ornaments. They are all so beautiful that I can't bear to put them away. I found a great little shelf at Hobby Lobby that is in the shape of a lighthouse. It has 5 shelves, one each to hold the big Christmas pieces, and yet enough room for the little guys nestled in next to them.

I like to look at the little guys and dream of owning the larger versions, like S.E. Block Island and Holland.

I will continue to leave them out for those "Auntie Mame" times when I need a little Christmas...

Happy Holidays, Suzzi

[This message has been edited by SCombs (edited 12-19-99).]

[This message has been edited by SCombs (edited 12-19-99).]

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5146 12/19/99 05:05 PM
LamarB Offline
All my Christmas pieces are on display all the time.
Christmas ornaments are displayed only during the Christmas season. My wonderful, sweet wife Kim set up a special little display 'tree' for them. The rest of the year they're in storage.

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5147 12/19/99 09:53 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
I display my Christmas pieces year round. I enjoy looking at them everyday.

Joanne

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5148 12/19/99 10:18 PM
RRohweder Offline
Mine are displayed year round. As a matter of fact, they are on the top shelf of my computer desk in front of me as I type this. Only have room for one more Christmas piece before I have to start relocating them (or buy a bigger desk). I have to dust them about every two weeks since they're not in a curio.

Rich

------------------

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5149 12/19/99 10:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it were up to my wife it would be Christmas all year long. So I display them all year. Please visit her web site on christmas.
Christmas Past
http://hometown.aol.com/charlie409/links/index.htm

"TheLightkeeper"

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5150 12/19/99 11:37 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
At least her Web site can stay up all year. Its very nice. I like the little cat by the E-mail.

__
/im

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5151 12/20/99 02:30 PM
Lighthousedude Offline
Up until this year I only possed Old Field and I put away until this Christmas. I will also put away the Christmas Lighthouses I receive this year. It's kind of like getting new ones when you get them out of storage and take them out of the box.

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5152 12/20/99 03:36 PM
Rock Online
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
All 5 Xmas pieces and all ornaments go back in their boxes and back up on closet shelves on January 1st! This way they "last" longer and are more appreciated the next season when they're out of sight the rest of the year.

[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 12-20-99).]

Re: Display of Christmas pieces #5153 12/21/99 12:31 AM
L
Lorraine Healy Offline
L
I agree with Rock. I like displaying my Christmas pieces (and Presque Isle) only during the Holidays - it makes the display more special. I'm sure the fact that I don't have ROOM to display more than a few at a time DOES influence my preferences somewhat... I'd get tired of eating lobster every day too. Absence does makes the heart grow fonder.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,348 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users