cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Releases #5075 12/30/99 02:00 AM
Jim Chesher Offline OP
OP Offline
In the "If I were a fortune teller category", what would be your predictions for the first releases of the millenium? Mine would obviously include the Statue of Liberty, American Shoal and Oak Island. I think that those are gimmes. Then it gets a little tricker. I sure would like to see Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas and Haig Point(Daufuskie Island)SC. I have a beautiful dusk setting picture of Haig Point hanging in my livingroom. Then one has to wonder if HL will continue the "Then and Now Series" I certainly hope that HL has seen the "Light" and decreased edition sizes as their New Years Resolution. What are some other opinions from you other Wacko's/Newbies? Between all of our opinions we ought to get most of them figured out.

Jim

Re: New Releases #5076 12/30/99 03:04 AM
J
Jazzer Offline
J
Jim,

Check out the Website Catalog 2000. Should be some good info in it by Friday if not already there .

Lonnie
Re: New Releases #5077 12/30/99 09:37 AM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Whitefish Point!!!!

Re: New Releases #5078 12/30/99 04:23 PM
K
Karen Smith Offline
K
I am hoping for the Statue of Liberty! But, if not I will try to wait patiently!
Karen

Re: New Releases #5079 12/30/99 11:18 PM
E
easy Offline
E
Jim, I have also suggested Fort Jefferson. I hear it may be in the works. Also Hatteras on rails - Save your money! 2000 may be an interesting year! See Ya!

Re: New Releases #5080 12/31/99 03:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm for the Ft. Jefferson!!!! Finally some people who agree with me! If you've seen it or at least the photo's on the National Park Service(?) Website one would see it has tremendous HL possibilities. There is a small black lighthouse (2 story + lantern room) mounted atop a military fortress (with cannons & all) on a remote, historical island. Oh Please, Please let it be one!

------------------
JB

Re: New Releases #5081 12/31/99 03:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes, there is one other I would like to see, it is the Westerheversand Lighthouse (Germany). You can see a beautiful poster of it at the lighthouse depot website (www.lighthousedepot.com) under product number 19061. Or you can see a more rustic photo at:

http://www.besche.net/Interchange/Galerie_Deutschland/Norden/Lighthouse.htm

If replicated true to form, it would be fantastic!

------------------
JB

Re: New Releases #5082 12/31/99 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what they are worth, I want to add my two cents....

So happy to see so many folks on my same campaign.....I have been asking HL to do a Fort Jefferson for a long while now. At this time of year I have strong pulls to redo the trip to the Keys I did once before. My photos are in the HL gallery. I will have to return another year, as I only flew over, next time, my feet will hit the sand, so to speak. Had an occasion to send Kim some all around shots of the light...I think a piece could be very dramatic and would look so good beside the new American Shoal..

An interesting comment from the HL office this past year..In reply to a note I sent them that was written on a Haig Point notecard, "This light is one of our favorites".

Then, I really would like to see a Point Vincente, Point Reyes, etc., etc., etc....

Happy waiting, saving your money waiting for the shipments and spending those hard earned dollars when they arrive at the dealers.

Did hear yesterday that "The Lady" would start shipping in late January and "The Shoal" in February.

Derith

PS, since I'm a Tarheel born and bred, any NC light that is not done will be a welcome addition. Oak Island, Prices Creek, Diamond Shoal, Roanoke River Light.........

[This message has been edited by Derith Bennett (edited 12-31-99).]

Re: New Releases #5083 12/31/99 04:03 PM
M
Mike Thompson Offline
M
I agree with Derith about the Carolina lights. I am also originally from NC and would love to have Oak Island to complete my collection of functioning tarheel lights. I also like the idea of Diamond Shoals because the offshore towers are quite unique.

Re: New Releases #5084 12/31/99 04:42 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
To check out a preview of the new releases go to this forum for a link to the page.
216.46.163.97/forums/Forum19/HTML/000139.html
It appears we have 3 or 4 threads all talking about the same thing. It would be helpful to everyone if everybody comments about the new Year 2000 releases in just one thread. I suggest..... The Latest Models Forum.... First Harbour Lights of 2000 Announced thread.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 12-31-99).]

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,079 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users