Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New England Lighthouse Lovers #38631 04/27/99 08:20 PM
P
pepper17 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Attended our first meeting this past weekend. We had a great time. People were very friendly, the speaker was great and the raffles,pictures, and board presentations were excellant. All the work put into making this a great meeting definitely showed. Brenda and I would like to thank all those involved for a great weekend. On Sunday we went on a boat ride out to NEW London Ledge and a tour of the lighthouse from basement to lantern room. Thank you to the Conn. group for all their work also. On the trip back to Maine we stopped at Stonington CT, Watch Hill RI, and Point Judith RI. It was a perfect ending to a great weekend. We look forward to seeing our new friends in Maine in June on the club outing. If you live in New England this group is well worth joining and traveling for. Brenda and Art Hawkes

Bear and Honey Bear

Re: New England Lighthouse Lovers #38632 04/28/99 01:48 AM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline
L
Thank you for your kind words about our club meeting in Groton, CT, this past Saturday. Hundreds of hours go into planning and carrying out a major meeting and program such as we had, both on my part as chairperson, and on the part of Ron Foster who spearheaded the CT committee and did the majority of the work this time round. As our meetings and Outings rotate between the 6 New England states, many of the members will be called upon to help with future meetings and events.

The club certainly hopes that the word will spread about the great programs and Outings we have for members. It is a BEST BUY for those truly interested in real lighthouses as well as the collectibles.

Our former name was the New England Harbour Lights Club, but for legal reasons due to trademarks and state non-profit regulations, we had to change our name. But we are the SAME fun group, so do come join us.

Barbara Hupp, chairperson
New England Lighthouse Lovers (alias NELL).

------------------

ladylightkeeper
Re: New England Lighthouse Lovers #38633 04/28/99 07:01 PM
RFoster Offline
Brenda & Art,

Thank you for helping to make this special weekend in CT a success. It was nice meeting you and I hope that your enthusiasm is infectious. MJ and I had a wonderful time with all of the club members, new and old, and we look forward to seeing you both in June, sounds like Barbara has done a great job in planning this one.

I'm so glad that Elinor De Wire was our principal speaker and that she and her husband, Jon, joined the club. We were also fortunate to have Brae Rafferty, from Project Oceanology, give us a tour of New London Ledge light. Both Elinor & Brae hold a wealth of lighthouse information and are so willing to share it with others.

It is through efforts like this meeting that we will all make a difference in saving these historic treasures for future generations to come, and have a great time doing it.

Ron

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,389 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users