cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Where are you? #38296 05/05/99 02:39 PM
Lighthousedude Offline OP
OP Offline
Is the a Collectors Club on Long Island?

Re: Where are you? #38297 05/05/99 10:40 PM
RFoster Offline
Mike,

I'm not aware of a Harbour Lights collectors club on Long Island. The nearest one is probably New England Lighthouse Lovers (the majority of the members collect Harbour Lights). You can check out more about them in these forums on clubs or contact Valerie Patnaude at:
patnaude@worldnet.att.net

Valerie is the membership chairperson.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Where are you? #38298 05/05/99 11:15 PM
DeDo Offline
Hi Mike & Ron,
I've been wondering too about N.Y. clubs. I saw on the list of HL events two clubs listed : Albany, Capital distict club and Kingston, Hudson valley club. They are to be visited by by on 5/11 & 5/12.
However, I've never seen any info on either of these clubs on the forum or HL website. Any information??
At any rate they would be 90 miles and 140 miles from me, longer for you Mike.

Donna

------------------

Re: Where are you? #38299 05/08/99 12:50 AM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline
L
With such a good population base on Long Island, I should think there would be many HL collectors. You need to visit some of the HL dealers and ask them to mail out a flyer for you announcing a meeting for any interested collectors, and see what comes of it.

Our club has a member from Long Island area who is still looking for interested persons to start a club. Try contacting bob.scroope@co.suffolk.ny.us and see what you, Donna, and Mike, can get started. Put your own listing on the HL Club Listing, by writing to John Chidester, at webmaster@harbourlights.com and ask him to put it under the section of clubs trying to get started up. Then others will see it. Be sure to list your e-mail, as long distance phone numbers don't seem to get many inquiries.

Of course, being close to New England, you are welcome also to join our club, which now has 63 members and is in the midst of many exciting Outings and meetings coming up to : Portland, Portsmouth, Burlington, and Cape COd, all linking to lighthouses one way or another. Do go check out our website at www.lighthouse.cc/neharbourlights

Members get special rates on Outings; special merchandise offer. Our club is also selling subscriptions, as a fundraiser for our treasury, to the Lighthouse Digest, a great monthly lighthouse magazine.

Barbara Hupp, Chairperson
NEW ENGLAND LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS

ladylightkeeper

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,742 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users