cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38024 06/17/03 12:18 AM
ktamlin Offline OP
OP Offline
We sure hope that everyone that went on the Toledo Lighthouse Trip had a much fun as we did. The bus trip on Saturday was great with many lighthouses and shopping opportunities (even the extra one at Vermillion). Sunday was a great day we could not have asked for better weather. The boat trip was awesome. Again the weekend was just wonderful.

Kudos to Dave and Sue for setting up this great trip. Thanks a million Dave and Sue.

John & Karen
Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38025 06/17/03 10:00 AM
dkhemming Offline
Couldn't agree more!!!

Great weather, Great times, but most of all Great Friends!!!

Wacko's are the best!!!

laugh laugh laugh

Kate & Dave
Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38026 06/17/03 10:15 PM
Kat Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Larry and I want to give a great big Kudo's to Dave and Sue for first putting the Toledo Trip together, and second for putting up with about 50 lighthouse nutcases. We had a terrific time, the police at the hotel both days made it really exciting too. And to everyone who we ate with on Saturday evening at Applebee's it was REAL...doesn't it just make you want to order a Mucho Grande Margarita...and put on the song 'Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville'. The boat captain of the Sandpiper, Mary, was terrific and she played some cool music too. Oh, and a special thanks for the tootsie rolls for the ride home, I think they were gone before we got out of Toledo....OOOOH they were so yummy. Again, thanks for a FUN weekend.

KAT {=*+*=}
Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38027 06/18/03 12:29 AM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
Awesome good time!! The only thing I would change was the all of the road construction on the trip. Suzanne and I continued up "thumb" of MI, and home today, and WHAT A MESS everywhere we went to avoid it!

Great friends, and a fantastic time was had this last weekend. Thanks Dave and Sue!

Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38028 06/19/03 01:47 AM
B
Beaconjo Offline
B
I agree with everyone. It was a great weekend and hanging around with Wacko's is GREAT FUN! The entire weekend was a blast. I didn't go home from the boat. Went to my brother's in Spring Lake. Shot pictures of Grand Haven, Big Red, and South Haven on my way home on Monday. Picked up 2 passport books at a store in Grand Haven called the "Schooner." And they happen to be the only people who give a stamp for the Grand Haven Light. He gave me a list of all the "stampers." smile Can't wait till the meeting in August to see pictures!! It was truly great fun! Jodi

Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38029 06/19/03 12:56 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Those Passports are great- two things to keep in mind, though.

Don't go by just the "Official" list. It's hard for it to stay up to date and many that are not on it have a stamp they can use for it.

The USLHS dopesn't count only the "Official" stamps. they count anyone- in fact it doesn't even have to be a stamp.

You can take one of your pictures and cut it small enough to fit inone of the blocks and they count that.

You get a nice patch when you send in your filled in Passport (you also get teh Passport back).

The basic idea is to make a donation to any Lighthouse that gives you a stamp- $1.00 minimum. You can make up for the Lighthouses that you can't donate to directly by giving more to one you can. spread the wealth so to speak.

It's fun with a serious outcome.

Dennis

Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38030 06/19/03 02:20 PM
Shirin Offline
Definitely ask at each lighthouse you visit. For example, last summer I made up a stamp for the Tarrytown lighthouse and I have yet to see a mention of the light on the official list of participating sites. I called and mailed them a a few times to get listed but I guess that just didn't work out.

Shirin
Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38031 06/19/03 09:43 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Some of the lighthouses I have visited the people don't know what you are talking about when you ask if they have a "stamp" for your passport. This is a good opportunity to show and explain about the passport program.

When we were at Point Betsie,MI, the ladies were appreciative to hear about the lighthouse passport program. They were going to try and go about getting a stamp for their light and additionally be able to generate some extra revenue for restoration.

I wish I knew a few weeks ago about the stamp for Grand Haven. frown Maybe next time.

Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38032 06/19/03 11:19 PM
2beacons Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The past two weekends were great! From the beginning which was the pizza party at our house on the 6th through this past Sunday, the 15th we can say we had a great time.

For those of you who came to the pizza party we say thanks. It was a fun time for us and we all hope you had a good time. The regional was fun. The climbing of the inner light in Grand Haven was really special. Thanks Dave for coordinating it. The supper on Saturday night was a fun time. The ribbon cutting of the stairs in Michigan City and the anniversay celebration was a great way to cap off the first weekend.

Last weekend was a fun time with a great group of friends. From the time we arrived at the hotel on Friday night until we left the group at the dock after the boat trip on Sunday we had a blast. It was fun to get to know some of the people on the trip a little better and catch up on the happenings of those we haven't seen since last year. Thanks to Dave and Sue for planning this weekend for Hannum's heros. I hope that we can all do this again sometime.

Paul's pictures of the last two weekends give those who couldn't be there a taste of what they missed. Thanks Paul.

Mary and Jeff

Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38033 06/21/03 03:45 PM
2 Floor U Offline
Wow, I can't believe that was last weekend already! What a great time. Dave and Susan it will be hard to do better than this one. It was just great and you were always thinking. I hope you had time to enjoy the journey. We sure did. Sorry we jumped on the road so fast. frown We had company waiting at home. They came in on Saturday night, one day early. confused How rude not to be there. Oh well, guess that is an indication we are real Wackos!!! It is great that Paul can share all of those pictures. It is like reliving it again and again. Three cheers for Dave and Sue. laugh laugh laugh
Cindy and Doyne

Re: TOLEDO LIGHTHOUSE TRIP #38034 06/22/03 03:04 PM
Elmer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Carol & I are echoing the same sentiment that is a common thread throughout these posts .... the trip was great fun and was extremely well organized. Kudos to Susan and David for their efforts and patience. Great job (as usual I might add!!) smile smile

Dan

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users