Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Spring Break and Pt. Sur Prism Ceremony #35339 03/14/05 12:40 AM
N
Nana Offline OP
OP Offline
N
While I am on Spring Break(17th-28th) my travels will take me to the West Coast. There will be many highlights, among which is the fun of having lighthousing friends along. Three long time teacher friends from Florida, Elinor DeWire and daughter, Ron Foster, "Rock" from the forum and Judy and Bill Newblom.

Some of us will be spending the night at Heceta Head the first night. Then Elinor, Ron, "Rock" and the Florida Four will go south on the 18th for the St. George Helicopter ride. Pt. Cabrillo is opening the newly restored house when we are there on the 19th and then we head south to meet the Newbloms.

It is extra special that the Newbloms could come to meet us on Sunday, the 20th, at Pt. Sur. You may recall, Judy was the winner of the prism replica when a drawing was held after forumites raised enough money to buy a prism for Pt. Sur Light. Representing all the other forumites who donated toward this prism will be an honor. The docents will have the installation ceremony for the actual prism during the 10:00 am tour and are so happy that we can get the prism installed. If any of you are nearby, meet us at the gate about 9:30am and have a warm coat handy. The folks that are restoring Pt. Sur are some of the warmest folks I have ever met lighthousing and are so pleased when a group donates a prism.

I have left out alot of our adventures but you can bet we will see as many light as we can while we are on the trip. Wish you could come along.

PS If you can come on the St. George trip, let me know.

Derith

Re: Spring Break and Pt. Sur Prism Ceremony #35340 03/14/05 01:12 AM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I am just soooooooo jealous..."The Pixie" (Derith)is the best person to go on any lightouse trip but even more with the West Coast. I've done two West Coast trips with her already. Wishing you all a great trip and we will expect some pics to follow. I especially would like to see pictures of the restored house at Point Cabrillo and the the prism installation at Point Sur. Have lots of fun... laugh

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Spring Break and Pt. Sur Prism Ceremony #35341 03/14/05 02:45 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Great group of Representatives for the Collector Forums! Glad you guys could make it.

I've been communicating with Ginny Rorby, gift shop manager at Point Cabrillo and am shipping them samples of Lighthouse Stickers products tomorrow - hope they arrive in time for your visit.

Ron and Derith, please take some new photos of the property for additional stickers too, please.

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,316 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users