Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A Friend Moves On #2556 01/09/02 01:18 AM
Dave H Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This afternoon I called the HL office to speak with Maureen about the Chicago regional event, and boy was I shocked when told that "Maureen is no longer with Harbour Lights." No other information, and I didn't press for any.

I will surely miss Maureen, who has been a real friend to collectors over the years. One of her responsibilities was the regional events and trade shows, where most of us got to know her and benefitted from her efforts.

Wherever Maureen ends up, I know that she will do well and be a great and valued addition. I wish her the very best in the next phase of her life and will keep Maureen and her family in my thoughts and prayers in her time of transition.

Dave

Re: A Friend Moves On #2557 01/09/02 02:53 AM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
I don't know what to say. My collection will certainly be lacking just a little knowing that Mo isn't behind the scenes anymore. We shared so many times at the different shows and reunions.

Damn Mo! Friend, you will be missed!

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 01-09-2002).]

Re: A Friend Moves On #2558 01/09/02 04:30 AM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
What a surprise! I'm with you guys...I will miss her very much especially at the trade shows. There is no doubt that what ever road she is taking she will be an asset to those that are lucky enough to get her. I'm sure those at HL will miss her greatly too. Wishing you the very best Mo...don't be a stranger here because you have many friends that want to stay in touch with you. Take care dear friend...

Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: A Friend Moves On #2559 01/09/02 09:02 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Mo's departure from Harbour Lights comes as quite a shock. It's almost like we lost a member of the family.

A person has to do what a person has to do. Obviously, Mo felt the time was right to make a change and I respect her decision. Much of our lives is taken up with our hours at work. Life is much more pleasureable if we enjoy our working hours. If Mo felt she was no longer happy doing what she was doing then it is time to move on.

It is my sincere hope that we haven't lost Maureen as a friend and she will come to visit us at the "chats" or at least here at the forum.

We're going to miss you, Mo!

Bob

Re: A Friend Moves On #2560 01/09/02 11:47 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I certainly hate to hear this! Mo has been such a good friend to collectors, I'm a little surprised she didn't give us a going away message. I certainly hope nothing serious or sudden happened to her family etc.

I've been conversing with her regularily recently (via e-mail) and in all of our conversations she gave me no indication she'd be anywhere but Harbour Lights indefinetly.

I hope that her leaving is something she wanted to do, for advancement etc., not something she had to do.

Good Luck Mo!

Mike

Re: A Friend Moves On #2561 01/09/02 12:00 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Dave, this did not make a very good start to my day hearing this news. She will be greatly missed by all of us that know her. She was a huge help to us at the regionals and at the reunions.

Good luck and God Bless to you Maureen!

[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 01-09-2002).]

Re: A Friend Moves On #2562 01/09/02 03:29 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The mood has been pretty somber around here after hearing the news. Mo really went that extra mile for us collectors. I especially want to thank her for what she has done for me this past year. I hope that HL's still continues to find a use for my work.

I won't say goodbye. I feel confident that Maureen has not left her friends and will keep in-touch somehow.

Re: A Friend Moves On #2563 01/09/02 03:35 PM
Torchbearer Offline
Though, I have never met Maureen in person (and that is a loss on my part) I feel I have known her for quite some time. She has been a real sweetheart and I appreciate everything she has done for me, and the rest of the forumites. I will miss her greatly, but hope she will stop in occasionally to say hello.

Tim - The flame is not as bright today.

[This message has been edited by Torchbearer (edited 01-09-2002).]

Re: A Friend Moves On #2564 01/09/02 04:54 PM
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
my eyes are sad

Be well Maureen!!!

Re: A Friend Moves On #2565 01/09/02 09:02 PM
anniemac Offline
Whatever path upon which you travel, "keep the flame"

Maureen, we'll all remember your cheery outlook, hugs, and numerous contributions to HL- and, while we'll miss you, we certainly hope you're happy in your new ventures!

Re: A Friend Moves On #2566 01/09/02 09:35 PM
2beacons Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Shock is a good word for what I am feeling. It is like losing a friend that you could call up and talk to. She was a very hard worker at any event that she attended. I hope she will be happy at whatever path she has chosen. I also hope she will keep in touch during the chats.

Mary

Re: A Friend Moves On #2567 01/10/02 12:29 AM
RRohweder Offline
I can only echo everyone else. Mo has been a special person at Harbour Lights and I will truly miss her. She was always there when you needed something special. I hadn't met her either until the Baltimore Reunion, and she was as responsible as anyone, more than most, for what I consider one of the more wonderful periods of my life. A time, and a person, that I will never forget.

Miss you girl.

Rich

------------------

Re: A Friend Moves On #2568 01/10/02 12:37 AM
B
Barb Kepple Offline
B
God speed Maureen as you start a new path in life - you will be sorely missed.

Barb

Barb
Re: A Friend Moves On #2569 01/10/02 01:26 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I can only echo the sentiments above.

Maureen will be missed by all on this list and the rest of the HL Collectors out there, most of which had no idea what she did for them.

Dennis

Re: A Friend Moves On #2570 01/10/02 01:40 AM
N
Nana Offline
N
Like Dave, this news was given to me when I phoned to speak with Maureen this week. There will be a void at HL.

Too often folks don't "follow their hearts." It's risky, but my gut feeling would be that after much thought, prayer and wise counsel, Maureen has taken the step to "follow her heart."

Why will I miss her being the vital part of the HL company that she was? Because "Mo" has been an advocate, liason and trusted friend for all HL collectors who called on her, for whatever reason...And boy howdy, she has put on some great shows and reunions as well! Above all, her genuineness has endeared her to me over the past four years as our friendship has grown. We've laughed many times together but we have also cried over family situations and we have prayed for each other.

So, Maureen, my valued friend, may God speed you on toward whatever is in your future. Always know my thoughts and prayers are with you and that I'm only an email or phone call away.

Love Ya,
Derith

Re: A Friend Moves On #2571 01/10/02 01:53 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Mo you will always be a part of our HL "family. Please keep in touch.

Best wishes always and many thanks for your friendship and all you have done for all of us.

Sue

Re: A Friend Moves On #2572 01/10/02 04:49 AM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
It's pretty obvious the sentiment shared by all of us, Mo. You have always been extremely helpful and friendly, and a tremendous asset to the company. As loyal collectors, our link to the company won't seem as much of a "family tie" without you there, creating a large gap in that close relationship.

It's a rare achievement to gain a few hundred personal friends from an occupation these days, and I do hope you realize that many of us consider you more as a personal friend than an official contact or information bridge between us and HL. I personally want to thank you for everything you have helped me with in the last few years.

You know that if you ever need anything, this group of collectors would jump right in without hesitation. Please don't drift away from keeping in contact with us all. I also hope that somehow you could consider attending any future reunions. We would all love to see you again, and I'm sure you would enjoy the comradery (without all the numorous responsibilities!). Good luck, and keep the flame!

-Rod
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 01-11-2002).]

Re: A Friend Moves On #2573 01/10/02 03:43 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
There is nothing I can add to what's been said. It won't feel quite the same without Maureen. Rod W. said it all for me. If I can every help in any way, let me know.

------------------
Randall Ronne

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: A Friend Moves On #2574 01/10/02 04:48 PM
jakescol Offline
Wacko
Wacko
MO, It will not be hard for you to find a new job. You have been a great friend. Thanks for taking care of the collectors. So very sorry to hear the news. God Bless.
Jake.

Re: A Friend Moves On #2575 01/10/02 07:41 PM
RIP Puls Offline
Wacko
Wacko
MO,
If there is any thing you ever need and
it is in my power to give just ask.May you
always have fair winds and followin seas!!!!

------------------
RIP

RIP
Re: A Friend Moves On #2576 01/11/02 12:21 AM
Stan Offline
Man, what surprising & disappointing news. Maureen was a highly valued friend to collectors that HL will find difficult to replace. She helped some collectors (me included) in ways they could never have hoped or imagined, and was one of the very best "behind the scenes" employees HL will ever have. She will be missed.

Re: A Friend Moves On #2577 01/11/02 12:40 AM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Once in awhile, someone very special passes through your life and I think for a lot of us, Maureen fit that description. As Derith says, "Why will I miss her being the vital part of the HL company that she was? Because "Mo" has been an advocate, liason and trusted friend for all HL collectors who called on her, for whatever reason...". She was all those things and for many of us, Maureen was the personal face of Harbour Lights. It's great to see Bill and Nancy at an occasional club event, regional, store signing, or at a trade show. Kim is way to busy running the store to get out on the road very much, so it was Maureen that we got to talk to on a regular basis, and to hang out with when she got a spare moment at a regional or trade show. It was Maureen that we could call about a problem, ask for help with a club event (or with anything else), or count on to come to a chat (on her own time) to give us a sneak peek at the future, or just to say hello. Maureen did become a great friend and we will miss her. Her duties can be assigned to other people, but nobody can replace her. Thanks for all that you did for us and God Speed on your journey to your future.
Jim
Johnson

Re: A Friend Moves On #2578 01/11/02 01:39 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I too called Monday for Maureen and was told she no longer works here. I just couldn’t believe it and thought there had to be some kind of mistake. Maureen always had time to talk to me and was able to help me when no one else could or had time to. I will truly miss her.

Daniel

DANIEL
Re: A Friend Moves On #2579 01/11/02 02:25 AM
RezmanDale Offline
WOW

Re: A Friend Moves On #2580 01/11/02 01:16 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Mo,

While we've only spoken in e-mails and on the phone, Marla & I are still very much hoping for the chance to meet you in person some day.

Thank you does not seem to be enough for all you did for us collectors during your time at Harbour Lights. You definitely went above and beyond to call for us as our "usually reliable source".

Wherever life takes you next, we wish you the best of luck and happiness. Please stop by and visit us in the forums!

-Todd

Re: A Friend Moves On #2581 01/12/02 04:51 PM
S
Susie and Charlie Copp Offline
S
We are totally in shock that Maureen has left HL and we just figured she was part of the extended family and would always be there. We wish her the very best in life but are sad that we can not talk to her when we call HL.

Re: A Friend Moves On #2582 01/12/02 06:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I noticed reading the chat log that no one asked about Mo. Like where she went and how she`s doing. How come Kim wasn`t asked?

terry

Re: A Friend Moves On #2583 01/12/02 10:46 PM
Pharologst Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Mo was a big help to us collectors out here, and wil be missed. She's gone the extra mile a time or two for a few of us!! She will be missed.

------------------

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 01-12-2002).]

Geo H.
Re: A Friend Moves On #2584 01/15/02 02:29 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
I never met Maureen but was able to converse to her via email. I hope she is well and enjoys her new endeavor. She will be missed.

Joanne

Re: A Friend Moves On #2585 01/15/02 04:48 PM
dkhemming Offline
I've been thinking of responding to this subject for a while, so here goes...

I don't know if anyone else noticed it during the reunion, but Mo did seemed to be in the background more than past events. At past events she always seemed to be the "righthand" person to Kim and Bill. But as I noticed throughout this particular weekend she wasn't her usual upbeat self. Oh yea, she was when she needed to be, but as I watched her (when she didn't think anyone was) her body language sent a different message. Did anyone notice that KJ seemed to be the center of attention while Mo took more of a "behind the scenes" role? I'm probably all wet and reading more into this, but I think that the departure had been on the horizon at that time. No one outside of Mo and the HL staff will ever know.
My sincere hope is that Mo's future endeavors are as rewarding as her earlier days at HL. I truly enjoyed working with her. She was a true professional in every sense of the word.

What will be interesting is to see who becomes the next "righthand" person. My guess would be KJ. Time will tell.
Dave

Kate & Dave
Re: A Friend Moves On #2586 01/15/02 04:58 PM
V
vsnlex Offline
V
I too was shocked at the news. I learned of Maureen's departure at our monthly meeting this past week. Maureen certainly went the extra mile for the "family" of collectors.
She will be missed by me and all the collectors. Best wishes and good luck to her as we all begin 2002. Terry

Terry
Re: A Friend Moves On #2587 01/15/02 06:59 PM
B
Buz Dean Offline
B
A HEARTY FARWELL AND BEST WISHES TO MO! I NEVER SAY GOOD-BYE TILL THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO SAY!

Re: A Friend Moves On #2588 01/15/02 08:21 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
So sorry to see her go.

Rusty

Re: A Friend Moves On #2589 01/16/02 02:27 AM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Mo will be truly missed by Teresa and I. She was always there for us with a friendly hello and warm smile as though we had been friends forever. We will be in San Diego in February and had hoped to see her then. Guess that won't happen now. Mo, wherever you are we wish you the best of luck in your new endeavors. You deserve the best.
Darlene and Teresa

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,356 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users