Next Thread
Print Thread
Mispillion Light #27129 11/13/02 07:39 AM
P
penny1058 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi fellow lighthouse lovers and collectors,

I don't post often but I just found a link to Mispillion Light http://www.memoriesofmispillion.com/ and would like to ask for everyone's help in supporting them. They are asking everyone to sign their online petition and /or to print out a petition and get signatures for them asking Harbor Lights to create the light as a memorial. I can't think of a better place to look for help than here so I am posting this in hopes of helping them. Please at least go and sign their petition and maybe is you have a web site you could add a link for them. The Younger's have huge hearts and I hope we can persuade them to do this for the people who are so devastated by loosing their light just before they could save it.

Mispillion Light has stood at the mouth of the Mispillion River since 1873. In early May, the lighthouse was tragically lost to fire after being hit by lightning in an early morning storm. Many will miss this landmark of Slaughter Beach that was on the verge of being restored by "Keepers of the Mispillion Light."

You can help save the memory of Mispillion Light by joining in the fight to convince Harbour Lights to include a replica of Mispillion in an upcoming series of collectibles as I can think of no better way to immortalize this lighthouse so tragically lost just before she could be saved.

Thanks so much for any help you can be,
Penny

Keeping the flame
frown

Re: Mispillion Light #27130 11/13/02 09:56 PM
J
Jazzer Offline
J
I signed. Hope this works.
Harbour Lights please add
to the list of upcomming
lights :rolleyes:

Lonnie
Re: Mispillion Light #27131 11/14/02 11:14 PM
bonnebert Offline
Peggy, I signed the petition online. I hope we can make this happen. I got pictures of it in October, 2001, my first visit to it, and was real excited an effort was being made to restore it. Do you know anything about the new owner, and what he really plans to do with it.

Joyce

Re: Mispillion Light #27132 11/15/02 07:52 PM
H
Harbour Chick Offline
H
Hello Penny:

Just wanted to let you know I went to the website and signed the online petition. Every little bit helps. The ironic part of this is, I am a total newbie. smile New to lighthousing, new to Harbour Lights Collector Society, new to the Forum, and everything else that goes along with supporting and wanting to "keep the flame alive". laugh I just read an article online about this lighthouse this morning. I registered on the Forum this afternoon, and found your post pertaining to the same. This whole forum just warms my heart to know that so many people feel the same way I do about lighthouses! laugh I am glad I found your post and was able to contribute.

"Keep The Flame Alive"

Re: Mispillion Light #27133 11/16/02 09:12 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I strongly support HL making a replica of this once fine and now sadly lost lighthouse from Delaware.

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Mispillion Light #27134 11/16/02 10:44 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I signed online, I hope all Wackos take a couple of minutes and do the same!

Jim
Re: Mispillion Light #27135 11/17/02 11:44 AM
Ron Offline
Peggy,
My wife and I signed the petition today and also sent a E-mail to Harbour Lights requesting a replica. I hope our wish comes true. Take Care, Ron

Re: Mispillion Light #27136 11/29/02 01:19 AM
Gebby Offline
This one most definitly needs to be on my Harbour Lights shelf. Hopefully it will come true next year. What a great lighthouse it was. I had a chance to see it and photograph it Oct 2001 before the Harbour Lights reunion. I'm sure glad I saw it when I did. I was heartbroken when I heard the bad news. Let's preserve it the Harbour Lights way!

Re: Mispillion Light #27137 12/11/02 02:26 PM
lhlover Offline
There are only 267 signatures to date! Yuck! That barely enough to scrape the surface. There are 1101 registered collectors/lighthouse lovers here on this forum. If every one of us would sign the petition once, the Keepers of the Mispillion Light would have more than the 1,000 signatures they are looking for. Plus, you can sign once for yourself and once for your spouse! Heck, if you have kids, sign for them too!

I have copied the history of the lighthouse from the website, along with the website address, and emailed it to everyone on my list, asking all my family and friends to sign the petition and to forward the email to everyone on their email list. This is only a small start. If everyone would do this, it would send the signature numbers through the roof and Harbour Lights couldn't turn down the suggestion.

Even if you don't think you would purchase this light, please sign anyways. The keepers of this light and general lighthouse lovers, like yourself, are asking you to not only help them convince HL's to create a replica, but they are also asking you to help them perserve the history and legacy of this vanished lighthouse with a beautiful and unforgettable HL replica. Thank you!

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,831 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users