Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Feedback courtesy #26824 09/24/99 12:55 AM
W
whizkid3 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I wish that everyone on eBay would be courteous enough to leave feedback where and when feedback is due, but you have some slouches out there that think they've got better things to do than reciprocate the friendly gesture that you have bestowed upon them. I'm sure everyone has experienced this sometime around Christmas, when you have spent $3,000 on gifts for others, and you wind up with 3 pair of socks and a hanky. I'm retatively new to eBay and I know that shooting star status for me would probably occur sometime in the year 2060.
Anyway, we all appreciate the nice things that people say about us whether we are buyers or sellers, and that extra point will always bring a smile to our faces.
I just wish that everyone else felt the same way.

Caio,
Brian

Re: Feedback courtesy #26825 09/24/99 08:50 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Brian, ... Feedback is a very important part of eBay. I think I have a positive feedback rating of around 68 (unique users, many multiples from the same users that don't count in that posted number), no negatives or neutrals.

I have had great luck on eBay. I contact buyers or sellers the same day the auction ends, I always include my "User ID" in my message to them, I always advise them I will ship the merchandise as soon as I receive their payment, and I also advise them that I will leave positive feedback at that time. When their payment arrives, I go directly to the eBay auction in question and click on "leave feedback for the bidder". I take personal checks or money orders. I like to pay by personal check because it's easier and I will always have a record of my purchase. I always afford people the same opportunity I prefer.

If someone hasn't left feedback for you, it could be for a couple of reasons: they forgot and a simple email inquiry asking if they are satisfied would they please leave feedback for you would usually suffice; or for some reason they weren't happy with their purchase and didn't want to leave negative or neutral feedback.

I have never left negative feedback. Someone told me leaving negative feedback will bring a negative feedback in return. I try to be careful and only deal with those people that I feel are reliable. I feel if they have many positives and no negatives, if they are registered here at the forums, or if they attended the HL Reunion, they should be reliable. So far...no problems!

Bob

Re: Feedback courtesy #26826 09/24/99 02:45 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
One more thing about feedback - the neutral status. I had 40 positive feedback and then it changed to 39 and 1 neutral. Naturally, I wondered what happened and what had I done.
Then I saw that a positive will automatically change to a neutral if the person who left the feedback is no longer registered. I went in and left a note stating this is what happened since I don't want any seller thinking I was a problem. There is no guarantee that everyone who gives a quick glance will realize that it states the rule on the feedback screen. I left a follow up remark to the feedback that was originally positive, to play safe. So, if you see a neutral please read further to see if this is the case. Personally, I don't think it is a very fair practice, but I don't make the rules.

Joanne

[This message has been edited by Joanne (edited 09-24-99).]

Re: Feedback courtesy #26827 09/24/99 03:20 PM
I
ilovehlts Offline
I
I agree whole-heartedly, "louie"!!
I always say--and do--post feedback for someone as soon as the item passes inspection--and I ask them to please do the same for me. Sometimes, they happen to be on vacation, they say; but I will politely remind them that maybe they have forgotten--and would they please try to find some time?? It just takes a few minutes. Sometimes you have to tell them how to post feedback in certain circumstances--like when to just leave the item number blank. We all like a little "pat on the back"--it's good to know someone APPRECIATES what you've done!!

Re: Feedback courtesy #26828 09/24/99 04:02 PM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
I know what you mean Joanne, I have 6 neutrals from original positive messages that are no longer registered....and 25 "repeat" positive comments (from persons who you have transacted with more than once), which does not show up on your rating number either.

I have seen some sellers who actually have over 500 more positives than what shows up on their rating number, because they have so many repeat customers.

Read the feedback ratings closely.

Rod Watson
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 09-24-99).]

Re: Feedback courtesy #26829 09/25/99 09:41 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I never knew about the change from positive to neutral if a registered eBay user left the system. I don't think that's fair. I feel your positives should remain positive because that's the way it was meant to be.

Thank you for sharing that info with us. You learn something everyday! I will always look more carefully at the feedbacks now.

Bob

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,807 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users