Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My Wish #26650 08/10/02 10:27 AM
L
lobo012847 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I would like to see a complete set of Lake Erie Lights, including "lost lights" and endangered lights.
Perhaps HL could come up with GREAT LAKES LIGHTS and have a set for each lake. Boy wouldn't Lake Michigan be a LARGE set? THAT could keep the company going for years!!

Re: My Wish #26651 08/10/02 01:32 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome to the forums!

Hmmm, well let's see now. Lake Erie, we have quite a few already. In NY, HL's made the Buffalo Main and Dunkirk lights. In Pa, they've done Presque Isle and Erie Land as a LLOM. In Ohio we've got Old Fairport, Old Cleveland in GBNF, Lorain, Marblehead, S. Bass and Toledo.

'Course there's still lots more lights on Lake Erie especially if we include the Canadian side.

While many of the lights are "minor" ones there are certainly many others that would be good candidates for an HL version.

I'd certainly be tempted by Barcelona and Horseshoe Reef in NY, as well as Pt. Abino and the Old Long Point Lighthouse in Canada to name a few. The remnants of both Mohawk Island and Pelee Island Lighthouses in Ontario give indication that these lights must have once been quite impressive. An International GBNF light featuring one of these would be interesting.

Perhaps a Society set featuring Lake Erie lights could also include one of the minor range lights as the gift lighthouse.

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,044 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users