Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouse Stickers Project 2004 #2149 01/03/04 01:15 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The full page, inside front cover ad for Lighthouse Stickers reran in the January 2004 issue of Lighthouse Digest .

I'm almost done completing images of all 705 of the USA lighthouses with just 51 to go; over half of those from Michigan.

Several states have been completed recently including Maine, Massachusetts and California -- all states with significant numbers of lighthouses.

I've updated the list of lighthouses by dropping 2 (from Lousiana no longer standing) and adding 3 (1 Calumet Harbor IN, Sandusky Breakwater OH, and Odiak Pharos AK). There are a few ruins not added and one pseudo lighthouse (Boca Chita FL) not added. There is at least one pseudo lighthouse on the list (Odiak Pharos AK).

The states still missing images include:
Michigan
Ohio
Indiana (Calumet Harbor)
Washington
Minnesota (Minnesota Point Ruins)
New York

Lighthouse Stickers still ranks in position 1 on page 1 when you do a Google search for 'Lighthouse Stickers' and our 35 photographers are enjoying top rankings also -- all of the photographers' pages rank on the first page when you search Google on their name with two exceptions: Gary Martin is on page 6 (too common a name, I guess) and Bruce Roberts is on page 4 (Another Bruce Roberts - a yacht designer - seems to have a bit more fame than the one we know and love.)

The shopping cart program is working well and with the exception of the states shown as incomplete above, you can purchase any of the sets.

Re: Lighthouse Stickers Project 2004 #2150 01/05/04 03:54 PM
Roxie Offline
Hi John - can you check your email about my photos that I sent for the project??? Thanks!

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: Lighthouse Stickers Project 2004 #2151 01/05/04 06:45 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I'm hoping to get the Jan. Issue...I don't know if my mom renewed my subscription in time though. (It was a Christmas gift from her, so she alwaysa pickks up the tab as an annual gift). If I don't get it, could I possibly call up the office and buy one "newsstand"?

Re: Lighthouse Stickers Project 2004 #2152 01/05/04 06:50 PM
R
RossTracy Offline
R
Great job, John!

I neglected to mention that earlier. I wish I could help with the missing images, I have yet to be to any of the lights in those states! frown

Re: Lighthouse Stickers Project 2004 #2153 01/06/04 01:53 AM
Mike Hershberger Offline
I got my copy of the Lighthouse Digest Saturday and the ad looks fabulous !!!! I was expecting to see my Grand Haven image in there, but I guess the layout was modified before it went to press. You definitely picked some great photographers to contribute to this project, I'm honored to be among them. I think the ad will generate a great amount of interest.

John, I've sent you a couple e-mails regarding the project with no response. What address should I be using????

Re: Lighthouse Stickers Project 2004 #2154 01/06/04 11:44 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I have been having problems with email for the past month - not getting some, not having some of mine delivered -- but not getting notice that it wasn't delivered either.

I know at one point some spammer was sending out emails using the LighthouseKeepers.com domain and I got a notice from AOL that indicated the domain was or would be put on a spammers list.

And then I've been filtering heavily my incoming emails. Some automatically, some visually. But I'm getting about 400 pieces a days so unless I quickly recognize the sender or the subject, it gets deleted.

Best advice I can give for email sent TO me is to include the words "Lighthouse Stickers" or "Lighthouse" in the subject and it will catch my attention.

I also have a bunch of emails in my 'in-box' which I have read but not yet acted upon for one reason or another. Mostly because I didn't have the time to immediately act upon the information.

My apologies. Keep after me and I'll do my best.

Re: Lighthouse Stickers Project 2004 #2155 01/06/04 03:50 PM
Mike Hershberger Offline
I sent the old e-mail again John, just updated it a bit after looking at your latest list update.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,132 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users