Print Thread
Latest Shipping Info #22781 06/23/98 07:40 PM
F
FredKuhl Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
F
According to the latest word I have gotten - Here's whats coming - BUDGET accordingly.

This is an update 6/26/98

Limited Editions
HL212 Grand Haven, MI..........................$90 next wk
HL215 Cape Elizabeth, ME..............$75 Aug/Sep
HL218 Point Betsie, MI........................$75 Sep
HL219 Gay Head, MA........................$75 Jul
HL221 Dunkirk (Point Gratiot), NY..$70 Oct
HL222 Goat Island,ME.......................$75 Sep
HL223 Point Judith, RI........................$82 Sep/Oct
HL224 Tillamook, OR........................$75 Sep/Oct

2nd in Signature Series
HL422 Tybee Island, GA.............................. .$65 Jul

Society Ornament
HL520 Port Sanilac..............................$15 Jul

Spyglass
HL613 Southern Belles (7 pcs)........$83 Jul

Ornaments (4 ea.)
HL706 Complete Set ..........................$60 Jul
Individually
HL7052 Montauk..........Don't worry about
HL7053 Middle Bay....numbers. Strictly for
HL7054 White Shoal..dealer ordering info
HL7055 Alcatraz

Anchor Bay
AB107 Lightship Columbia................$154 Sep
AB108 Purse Seiner 'Tori Dawn' .........$154 Sep
AB109 Lightship Portsmouth..............$170 Oct
maybe they have their glass cases resolved?

Your dealers should start getting pics in about two weeks.

[This message has been edited by engbrady.]

[This message has been edited by FredKuhl.]

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22782 06/24/98 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope that Harbor Lights knows that Tillamook, OR Lighthouse is a
"CEMETERY"

If you don't believe, see below
http://www.worldlights.com/

[This message has been edited by Richard.]

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22783 06/24/98 12:46 PM
LamarB Offline
Tillamook is actually a columbarium, technically speaking.

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22784 06/25/98 06:34 PM
F
FredKuhl Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
F
I had to look it up - thought I'd save you the trouble.

Columbarium - a vault with niches for cinerary urns

Tillamook - a brand of cheese (make of that what you will).

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22785 06/26/98 09:19 AM
M
Myron Snyder Offline
M
Being a native Oregonian I am glad to see they have come up with a unique way to fund the preservation of Tillamook Rock light house. Because of its location, on a rock out in the ocean, there is no way it could be open for tourists to walk through. This way it will continue to be a land mark that can be viewed from a distance and provide a final resting place for sea and lighthouse lovers.

Yes, Tillamook is also noted for it's Cheese. The Tillamook Cheese factory is a great place to tour, eat, and shop.

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22786 06/28/98 11:04 PM
J
Jeff Hix Offline
J
Just a minor correction to Fred's post. The model number for the open edition of Tybee lighthouse is HL423. HL422 is the number for Bolivar OE.

The new catalog introduced at the Rosemont show is different from all others in one respect - it is the first one to have the model number and the size beside each picture. This will make it easier for new collectors who are lighthouse hunting and who can't yet match the model number with the model name.

Incidently, when you see the picture of the Tybee OE lighthouse, you may notice that the paint job is different. Rather than the black on top and white on the bottom we are used to, it is black on the top and bottom and white in the middle. I asked Bill Younger about this at Rosemont and he told me that this is how the recently restored Tybee will look when it is finished.

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22787 06/29/98 12:28 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
For those who want 4-12 new limited editions each year so they can 'keep up'. I'm willing to wager it's not going to happen UNLESS HL can issue some lighthouses as GLOWs that have NOT been previously issued as limited editions and retired.

Should that happen? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Consider Lefton lighthouses. They issue just one limited edition lighthouse a year. The rest are open. Consider Cheryl Spencer Collins lighthouses which originally had edition sizes of 2,000, then 5,000, now 2,400 with the first 400-500 personally gold-foil signed. (And still no demand for secondary CSC.)

Consider Hummels. Most pieces go on forever. Sometimes an item is withdrawn from production only to re-appear a few years later with a different mold mark. Consider Beanie Babies -- no LET'S NOT!

If HL issued GLOWs and a few limited editions, some collectors would focus on the few limited editions and figure they can always catch up on the GLOWs sometime later. So the few limiteds would quickly sell out (yes 10,000 edition sizes).

Harbour Lights is a privately-owned business. They are free to do what they want. In my opinion, they have been careful to be true to their collectors. I started collecting in the summer of 1996. It was still possible to obtain many at retail and the few that needed to be bought at secondary prices could be found for under $500 (most for around double issue price) - except the Coquille, Split Rock and Original Hatteras. I think there were about 90 different lighthouses all together about mid-1996. Now the number is growing so rapidly only the well-heeled (or well-healed) can get in late and buy one of everything.

We'll be seeing more and more collectors who focus on regions or styles of lighhouses or ones they've visited. Many will be satisfied to own the GLOW version that is a more attractive representation today.

I say Harbour Lights has done well operating for the past seven years. To expect them to slow down so we can keep up (or catch up) is unfair to them and the American entrepreneurial concept.

It's like asking health care technology to slow down a bit so we can make more money to be able to pay for the better health care that gives us a longer life. (I know health care is life-and-death stuff and Harbour Lights isn't -- it isn't is it?)

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22788 06/29/98 06:26 PM
J
Jeff Hix Offline
J
Well said John! I collect a few pieces from another collectible (which shall remain nameless) line and some of the people who work for that company are a real piece of work. Be glad that Bill Younger owns Harbour Lights and not someone else. I've been to several of his seminars and from what I know of his story and the history of Harbour Lights, the company is now, always was, and probably always will be self-financed. When he was just starting the company, BY gambled more of his own money than many of us will make during our working lives.

I think he deserves to produce as many lighthouses as he can and to make as much money as he can.

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22789 07/01/98 11:01 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Re-arranging Fred's original post, here's your HL budget for the rest of 1998:

July $248 ($313 if you buy GLOWs)
Grand Haven $90
GLOW Tybee $65
Society Ornament $15
Spyglass Southern Belles $83
1998 Ornaments (4) $60

August $80
Old Field Point $80

September $225 ($533 if you buy Anchor Bay)
Cape Elizabeth $75
Point Betsie $75
Goat Island $75
Anchor Bay Columbia $154
Anchor Bay Purse Seiner $154

October $224 ($399 if you buy Anchor Bay)
Point Judith $82
Tillamook $75
Rose Island $70 ($140 if you go to Reunion)
Anchor Bay Portsmouth $170

November $0
(Buy your Holiday Gifts)

December $0
(Buy your Holiday Gifts)

Works out to about $221 a month if you buy everything including GLOWs and Anchor Bay. Now with the Holidays coming up, it's time to make your wish list known to those who buy you presents. Something from everyone - ornaments from the little kids ($15 each) to those Anchor Bay ships from the spouse ($170 tops.) And here's an idea, wouldn't your spouse just love a Tillamook for Christmas?

Keep in mind you won't see introductions in January and many of these will be on shelves for a while so you don't need to push the credit limits on your cards to enjoy your Harbour Lights and Anchor Bay!

Re: Latest Shipping Info #22790 07/01/98 02:05 PM
V
Vermonter Offline
V
Get my spouse a Tillamook?

Aren't Tillamooks the little furry things from Star Trek? Or are they the big furry things from Star Wars?

It all runs together after a while.

(Incidentally - While legend may have the cow at Middle Bay - there's got to be a mistake. Cows can't - or more likely choose not too - climb ladders! ) And they only use motorized craft, not sailboats.

Paul F. - VTer
^^^^^
@ @

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,458 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users